Newsjack - Series 10 Page 14

Come on then... Spill the beans! What's the new format like?

:D

You met Aaron?? That's enough info for me just there Pleased

Quote: sootyj @ 5th March 2014, 11:11 PM GMT

If you're in if you're out you're out

I hope you proof read your jokes better then that :D

I just put my name on the template this week, and sent that in. If nothing else, it will be in the right format.

Re. credits last night Lewis read out the 'main' credits. i.e. producers, actors, script editors etc. So that may mean he records the writers names after the edit today (as recent series) or they just say 'see website' (as earlier series).

That's that debate solved! And in terms of the new format it is different so may need a rethink in how to approach writing it. Can't do it justice here so I'll let the first episode speak for itself1

Hiya

Bit frantic with work today but if anyone wants to ask about whether their stuff got on last night I'll try to say if I can remember it or not ahead of Email Time.

Lovely to finally meet some of the BCG crowd last night, too, courtesy of Stephen M!

Quote: StephenM @ 6th March 2014, 10:35 AM GMT

Re. credits last night Lewis read out the 'main' credits. i.e. producers, actors, script editors etc. So that may mean he records the writers names after the edit today (as recent series) or they just say 'see website' (as earlier series).

That's that debate solved! And in terms of the new format it is different so may need a rethink in how to approach writing it. Can't do it justice here so I'll let the first episode speak for itself1

I risk being completely wrong now but I listening hard at Lewis reading the end credits last night for a clue on this and I'm pretty certain I heard (and lipped read) him saying "for a full list of writers go to the website". It doesn't mean they can't change their minds and edit in names but that's what I'm expecting for episode 1.

Quote: LippyAlison @ 6th March 2014, 12:17 PM GMT

I risk being completely wrong now but I listening hard at Lewis reading the end credits last night for a clue on this and I'm pretty certain I heard (and lipped read) him saying "for a full list of writers go to the website". It doesn't mean they can't change their minds and edit in names but that's what I'm expecting for episode 1.

Phew - it's far easier to hack their website for a credit than to somehow alter the finished show.

Don't they do 'view the site' for the broadcast, then list the names on the podcast? I'm sure I only starting hearing names on the podcast version...

More importantly what's this new format like? Are the one liners topical or just silly? Have the sketches changed in style? C'mon you can't make us wait to listen to the show...

Quote: Hennell @ 6th March 2014, 3:12 PM GMT

Don't they do 'view the site' for the broadcast, then list the names on the podcast? I'm sure I only starting hearing names on the podcast version...

More importantly what's this new format like? Are the one liners topical or just silly? Have the sketches changed in style? C'mon you can't make us wait to listen to the show...

Very briefly, one liners seem to be a mixture of topical and silly but I would say mostly silly (though edit may come out differently).

As for sketches, well, I couldn't really get my head round the changes last night. Presenter's intros to sketches have been replaced by Romesh's stand-up style stuff (which if I had to categorise I'd say, think Russell Howard's Good News).

I'm sure there will be plenty more discussion after tonight.

List's out... Got a one-liner in :-)
Good luck everyone!

I just got the email, I'm in!!! My sources tell me it was the British Space Cadets sketch. But I can't find the list on the website?

Ed

Oops, I meant 'email's out'- I can't see the list of writers on the site yet

Quote: andysteph81 @ 6th March 2014, 4:31 PM GMT

List's out... Got a one-liner in :-)
Good luck everyone!

Where is the list? Well done to everyone who got in or recorded then cut.

Oh, just seen your update!

Yup just got my email for one-liner - good luck everyone!