Doctor Who... Page 1,027

I quite like An Unearthly Child, but I've not had the desire to watch it in over twenty years. I should buy it really.

Quote: Ben @ 21st November 2013, 10:30 PM GMT

I quite like An Unearthly Child, but I've not had the desire to watch it in over twenty years. I should buy it really.

Well the first episode, is amazing; the rest with the cavemen a bit less so! But it does come in a boxset with the next two stories too, so that's good.

I've hardly ever watched any of Hartnell's episodes. It's so flipping blurry and old it puts me off. :$
But now of course I feel massively guilty and want to watch it all.

Hartnell. <3

Spotted a few of Hartnell's companions in cameo's. Ian was there in a smart uniform running the BBC carpark. I think that's what he was doing anyway.

It was nice to see the real Waris in the mini doc bit. And his granddaughter.

I want to see the real Hartnell say gloves by accident.

Quote: zooo @ 21st November 2013, 10:43 PM GMT

It was nice to see the real Waris in the mini doc bit. And his granddaughter.

I want to see the real Hartnell say gloves by accident.

You can, I can't remember off the top of my head which exact episode it's in, but it's in the first Dalek story.

A classic fluff, though my personal favourite remains, 'If you'd had your shoes on my boy you could have lent her hers!' from 'The Keys of Marinus'. I've never worked out what the line was actually meant to be!

That said, if you don't know your Hartnell fluffs by heart the show may have given the impression that they were more frequent than was really the case - certainly The Doctor always getting Ian Chesterton's surname wrong was scripted originally, and turned into a running gag at Hartnell's suggestion.

Bit of Jobs for the pals on Troughton though.
Shearsmith was unconvincing unfortunately. but it was too short to matter
Well done Gatiss! Best Who thing you've done by far.

On the extra mini episode, which I'm assuming everyone has now seen, so this won't be a spoiler... when McGann changes into John Hurt, does he change into a young John Hurt?

Yes

Ooh.

The Elephant Man one

Ah, I had to watch the beginning and end of "Adventures in Space and Time" on iPlayer, but it was a good show really was it not?

Haven't seen the doc on it yet, but apparently, according to this, there was a few small cut bits featuring Gatiss as Pertwee! Pics here:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-three-doctors-in-an-adventure-in-space-and-time-55889.htm

It was very nice f a little sad and it let a little humour sneak in

nb check out the Google Doodle today

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 22nd November 2013, 9:01 AM GMT

Haven't seen the doc on it yet, but apparently, according to this, there was a few small cut bits featuring Gatiss as Pertwee!

:O :O
He looks brilliant.