Status report Page 5,352

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2013, 3:43 PM BST

So apparently I'm going to eat some yoghurt that is a month past its sell by date.
It's been nice knowing you.

Make it into soda bread :)

Ooh.

Well it looks and smells totally normal, and it's only a spoonful as part of a recipe for coleslaw. So I am going to risk it.
But if I come back and tell you I've been ill you can all say I told you so.

It's one of the few things I would eat past sell by, I usually forget that big carton of yogurt at the back of the fridge and seems a waste to chuck it out.

Yoghurt is kind of off produce already, isn't it?

That's why you can use it in place of sour milk in soda bread...it's already rank Pleased

While in a kebab shop in Muswell Hill on Saturday, two very polite coloured lads wanted to know if I was Welsh as they had noted the embroidered Wyvern dragon on my trilby.

"Ah" I explained. "I am Welsh, but that is a Wessex Wyvern, the land which is now roughly Oxfordshire,Wiltshire and Somerset." .. They didn't quite seem to understand that until I said it was King Arthur's kingdom in the middle ages.

The conversation led on to the fact that Wyverns have two legs and Welsh Dragons have four legs. I told them that there had been two dragons one red and one white who had fought a mighty battle. {alas I had forgotten why they fought, but I told the lads it was because European dragons were terrible beasts, not like peaceful Chinese dragons so the Red & White Dragons were probably fighting over which one got to eat the princess} :)

They wanted to know if the dragons had men riding them, so I said no, but if they wanted to read about dragons with riders they should read the science fiction stories by Anne McCaffrey about the planet PERN.

Bill

Quote: billwill @ October 14 2013, 7:29 PM BST

polite coloured

What colour is polite?
Ha ha I am hilarious.

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2013, 7:32 PM BST

What colour is polite?
Ha ha I am hilarious.

I'll get my dragons to eat you in a minute, Princess.

As long as it's got only two legs. I've got a better chance of outrunning him.

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2013, 4:35 PM BST

Ooh.

Well it looks and smells totally normal, and it's only a spoonful as part of a recipe for coleslaw. So I am going to risk it.
But if I come back and tell you I've been ill you can all say I told you so.

The last bit does sound a little like Spike Milligan's chosen epitaph...! (Written on his tombstone in, I think Gaelic... "I told you I was ill").

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2013, 8:05 PM BST

As long as it's got only two legs. I've got a better chance of outrunning him.

Traditionally the princess was chained:

What's Aaron like with a lance?

Oh look, her top's fallen off, what a shocker!

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2013, 8:17 PM BST

Oh look, her top's fallen off, what a shocker!

Laughing out loud

I should imagine for a princess looking to be rescued by a knight in shining armour it is the equivalent of sticking a leg out when hitchhiking.

:D

Quote: Fred C Dobbs @ October 14 2013, 8:12 PM BST

The last bit does sound a little like Spike Milligan's chosen epitaph...! (Written on his tombstone in, I think Gaelic... "I told you I was ill").

Heh, true.
Update : am still currently alive.