BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 38

Quote: George Kaplan @ September 30 2013, 8:51 PM BST

Reverse jinx tactics? :)

Not very subtle was it?

Good contribution for Everton's first goal, but yellow-carded.

Decent player but that isn't translating into points yet.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 30 2013, 11:11 PM BST

20 points spent in the last two weeks alone, I can't keep getting away with it.

A more subtle attempt at the reverse jinx from Steve here, I spotted it though.

Some disastrous moves in tonight's game - late goals against Coleman and Baines, Cisse not starting but then coming on meaning I didn't get Cabaye subbed in so missed his points. And Baines getting booked too. This weekend I could've done with being in the BSG Fantasy Premier League.

Quote: don rushmore @ September 30 2013, 11:43 PM BST

A more subtle attempt at the reverse jinx from Steve here, I spotted it though.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Badge @ September 30 2013, 11:45 PM BST

Some disastrous moves in tonight's game - late goals against Coleman and Baines, Cisse not starting but then coming on meaning I didn't get Cabaye subbed in so missed his points. And Baines getting booked too. This weekend I could've done with being in the BSG Fantasy Premier League.

You still racked up 11 more points than me with your *system*. :)

Godot is the King of the Hill this week with 80 points! Well done, mate!

After my start this week I'd have taken top 10 but I have -4 to lose so 10th/11th my guess. I haven't had a bit of abuse from Godot for a while so...

Godot's like an Australian barman. He'll soon be back down under where he belongs.

You c**t. I'm surprised they haven't replaced the little shirt icons with y-fronts because your team is pants. That do yer? G'day!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 1 2013, 9:58 AM BST

You c**t. I'm surprised they haven't replaced the little shirt icons with y-fronts because your team is pants. That do yer? G'day!

I feel better already.

Quote: Ben @ September 29 2013, 10:14 PM BST

Godot is the Suarez of the BCG.

I'll take that.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 29 2013, 11:22 PM BST

Gerry did a lot of chopping & changing.
Poor old Darren Bent. even managers who want him don't really want him.

Laughing out loud

Unless my lot pick up an injury no tinkering this week. I have a bit of money left in the bank but after an excellent training session we're looking sharp. However I still can't understand anything Steven Gerrard says.

I have written to enquire why Ozil is shown as 10.3 on the transfer picture page when he was up to 10.5 even before the end of last game week.

I think it is a system error which is also reflected in the overall value of the squad for this week to date.

So far, 0.1 has been added this week to the overall squad value to reflect that Ozil is now at 10.6 but that assumes the picture shows him at 10.5 on the last update when it doesn't. As I say, it shows 10.3!

In fact, Ozil has never been at 10.3 at the end of any game week but rather 10.0, 10.2 and 10.5.

I bought him at 10.0.

Values for players ARE added to players' pictures DURING a week - very slowly - but never as slowly as to be more than a week wrong.

I would be interested to hear if others with Ozil also have him shown at 10.3.

I like the way your team is shaping up, Horseradish. I'm planning a similar squad, but at a slightly slower transfer rate!

Quote: Horseradish @ October 3 2013, 3:12 PM BST

I have written to enquire why Ozil is shown as 10.3 on the transfer picture page when he was up to 10.5 even before the end of last game week.

I think it is a system error which is also reflected in the overall value of the squad for this week to date.

So far, 0.1 has been added this week to the overall squad value to reflect that Ozil is now at 10.6 but that assumes the picture shows him at 10.5 on the last update when it doesn't. As I say, it shows 10.3!

In fact, Ozil has never been at 10.3 at the end of any game week but rather 10.0, 10.2 and 10.5.

I bought him at 10.0.

I would be interested to hear if others with Ozil also have him shown at 10.3.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest £0.1m) will be applied on any profits made on that player.

For example, if you buy a player for £8.3m and when you transfer him his price is £9.0m, his selling price will be £8.6m.

So that sounds right. If you want to SELL Ozil, you'll get 50% of the profit you've made since you bought him, so his value to YOUR squad is £10.3M. :)

Quote: Ben @ October 3 2013, 3:19 PM BST

I like the way your team is shaping up, Horseradish. I'm planning a similar squad, but at a slightly slower transfer rate!

Thanks Ben. I have got the shape of it now. It has just taken far too many wrong turns to get there.

I'm still on less than two transfers per week for the entire season but it will require a lot of self-discipline to keep that just about in place. A big part of the problem was that I followed top flight football for decades and then focussed far more on the lower leagues in the last two years.

So I was out of touch and things change rapidly. Initially I took notice of the top line figures whereas I've looked more closely at ratios - and recent form - since. Injuries continue to plague. Many of us were caught out by Brady this week but it wasn't wholly unexpected. I'm annoyed I didn't take it into account.

But some of the slight gambles with "moving early" have worked - Ozil, Lukaku, Suarez - and just 0.2% of us have now followed AW and given Gnabry a chance. In TW's absence, that will be interesting.

Good luck to your squad. You are doing well - and are light years ahead of me. :D

Quote: Horseradish @ October 3 2013, 3:30 PM BST

Initially I took notice of the top line figures whereas I've looked more closely at ratios - and recent form - since.

I gave up on ratios after "O" level maths, though I still have a soft spot for this lot. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-vgmjzjkLc

Quote: George Kaplan @ October 3 2013, 3:24 PM BST

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

So that sounds right. If you want to SELL Ozil, you'll get 50% of the profit you've made since you bought him, so his value to YOUR squad is £10.3M. :)

Oh - so it is only 50% on selling? That's disappointing.

It isn't on the cards although the papers say he is "delicate" so that could ultimately become a factor. :)

(A Certain Ratio bring back memories - often a band I "almost got to see live")