BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 33

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2013, 8:38 PM BST

My first choice sub was fine to go in thankfully.
Van Persie finally does some good.

Well done, Steve, Radish and anyone else who did particularly well this week. (Not me, sadly.) Glad to see Paulinho came through for you Steve and for Spurs right at the death. Look forward to seeing his back-heel on telly.

Quote: George Kaplan @ September 22 2013, 8:46 PM BST

Well done, Steve, Radish and anyone else who did particularly well this week. (Not me, sadly.) Glad to see Paulinho came through for you Steve and for Spurs right at the death. Look forward to seeing his back-heel on telly.

Thanks George. That explanation of the subs was very helpful. I hadn't taken on board it was that involved.

I hope you do well next week.

Quote: Horseradish @ September 22 2013, 8:53 PM BST

Thanks George. That explanation of the subs was very helpful. I hadn't taken on board it was that involved.

I hope you do well next week.

Cheers! :)

I see they haven't incorporated points deductions yet, which I think puts me in 14th, 2 points behind Godot. Not that I'm checking, or anything. Whistling nnocently

Anyone got any sharp razor blades. I could have picked a better team by closing my eyes and randomly screaming names at the team list. Giroud my captain failed to score/assist in a 3-1 win. My top scorer was the Southampton goalkeeper. My midfield are useless. Strikers just as bad. Anyone with Man Utd players left after that display are in trouble. I have two! I have picked up another two injuries. Lowest points score of the week. Other than that...great!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hovering over the 'play wildcard' button this morning. All is not well at The Teke Over FC.

Edit to say Wildcard has now been played. A name-change to Panic FC is in the pipeline.

Did you get rid of VP?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 23 2013, 12:46 PM BST

Did you get rid of VP?

I did. I kept him for his awful fixtures and then sold him just as his great run begins. Some shrewd management there :)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ September 23 2013, 12:06 PM BST

I was hovering over the 'play wildcard' button this morning. All is not well at The Teke Over FC.

Edit to say Wildcard has now been played. A name-change to Panic FC is in the pipeline.

That's funny because I woke up thinking about playing my wildcard, and picked my new team in bed without knowing how it would all add up budget-wise, then decided to stick with what I've got anyway.

This game definitely gets under your skin!

Gerry, just checked and you have 5 injured players in your pre-Wildcard squad - that's a third!

What do you get up to in your training sessions?

Quote: George Kaplan @ September 23 2013, 2:08 PM BST

Gerry, just checked and you have 5 injured players in your pre-Wildcard squad - that's a third!

What do you get up to in your training sessions?

I work them hard George. There are no passengers.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ September 23 2013, 2:24 PM BST

I work them hard George. There are no passengers.

Laughing out loud

Yes, but that was Di Canio's ethos at Sunderland, and look what happened to him!

Quote: roscoff @ September 23 2013, 10:25 AM BST

Anyone got any sharp razor blades. I could have picked a better team by closing my eyes and randomly screaming names at the team list. Giroud my captain failed to score/assist in a 3-1 win. My top scorer was the Southampton goalkeeper. My midfield are useless. Strikers just as bad. Anyone with Man Utd players left after that display are in trouble. I have two! I have picked up another two injuries. Lowest points score of the week. Other than that...great!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain. :D

Actually, what I find astounding and head-spinning is the way things change so quickly and dramatically, particularly with players at the big teams who have an embarrassment of riches at their disposal.

In the course of only 5 games, we've had Rooney out-in-the-cold with RVP as golden boy, and now suddenly Rooney looks like a good investment. While at City, it looked like Dzeko was the man and about to have his best season, with Aguero looking out of sorts, and now that's totally reversed after yesterday's game.

So although (semi-contradicting myself here) it feels as if things have settled down now and you can get a reasonably clear picture of how the season will shape up, and who the top performers will be, we may need to wait another 5 games or longer - or maybe it will fluctuate madly all season?

As long as Suarez doesn't savage anyone in the midweek game, I'm bringing him in.

Thought I was a bit unlucky this week.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ September 23 2013, 12:47 PM BST

I did. I kept him for his awful fixtures and then sold him just as his great run begins. Some shrewd management there :)

That's alright, you've replaced him with Rooney, whose form's much better. Sorry to see you play your wildcard so early Gerry.
;)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 24 2013, 12:39 AM BST

That's alright, you've replaced him with Rooney, whose form's much better.

I didn't know you could see other peoples transfers before the next round of games started

I think this is the first time I've ever been above Gerry in the league, no wonder he played his wildcard.