BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 32

72+ points for Radish. Just a shame you didn't use a wildcard instead. ;)

Quote: George Kaplan @ September 22 2013, 6:36 PM BST

72+ points for Radish. Just a shame you didn't use a wildcard instead. ;)

Walcott now injured. A bit surprising any are still on their feet. :)

There has had to be another awful transfer flourish this week but nothing on the scale of last. Only a third as much. Then things really will settle. I'm very sure of it.

It's not a good position to be in, this, but after yesterday's matches, I worked out that I would have been on about 5 points without the sacrifice whereas it was 31.

So I'm content. I reckon that long before Christmas I should be at the halfway stage among the 3 million as I now know more. I'm currently virtually last so patience will be needed.

I'm hopeful to have an opportunity for a late challenge for victory on the final day.

I now understand what Don was talking about seeing your points total

Are you doing ridiculous amounts of transfers for the Head to head league.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2013, 7:15 PM BST

I now understand what Don was talking about seeing your points total

Are you doing ridiculous amounts of transfers for the Head to head league.

I can drop out of the head to head if that upsets people.

Ridiculous is your word. There are no rules on the matter of the number of transfers.

What did you all want me to do? Drop by 30 points weekly until May? This is a competition. If anyone should be moaning, it should be me.

Many of you still have wildcards. Everyone - including those who haven't - could do the same as me. I have no magic formula. You don't want to pay. That's your choice. I've made mine.

Looking at some of the scores this week, I sense there is an element of sour grapes. And the comment yesterday was deeply unpleasant. I could have made a lot more of it.

I'm disappointed by the lack of civility and sportsmanship. When the first thing people say to someone on a forum is aggressive, that's not welcoming. I've had that from several people and would prefer it to cease.

You've made an average of 12 transfers a week.
To me it seemed ridiculous.
But you've scored well this week & whether your points total is positive or negative by next week, good luck with it all.

I'm not in the head to head league,
I'd be happy for you to stay in that one.

Sorry the average is higher isn't it? 15 a full team each week
As you don't have to make any for week 1.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2013, 7:29 PM BST

You've made an average of 12 transfers a week.
To me it seemed ridiculous.
But you've scored well this week & whether your points total is positive or negative by next week, good luck with it all.

I'm not in the head to head league,
I'd be happy for you to stay in that one.

Sorry the average is higher isn't it? 15 a full team each week
As you don't have to make any for week 1.

Thank you. Yes, you are right on the number. A small number of transfers was by wildcard. There were, though, 31 last week and there will be many more this week but less than half that number. I obviously regret the chop and change. If there were no more for the rest of the season, that would be an average of around two per week which would be wholly in line with several strategies.

But I trust you will understand that I don't intend to constrain what I do for the rest of the year to comply with an arbitrary set of additional rules any more than anyone else would. I know in my own mind what the figures after the coming week are likely to be and they should be very small. I could explain here the mistakes I feel I have made and how I responded to them. I could also explain the logic I have applied in getting things to be more right. Neither would be very interesting to other people or fair to me.

All you really need to know is that this hasn't been by choice and that I have read widely during these weeks. I can guarantee that I have seriously put in more hours than any other player. I have probably learnt a dozen things in the process. In a sense, this is rather like the Liverpool situation last year. For example, I think their defence was the strongest but for the first six games. They did alright in the long term.

Quote: don rushmore @ September 22 2013, 7:56 PM BST

Don't call us. We'll call you.

When do they do the subs?
Do they just pick your first choice provided the team is still a valid one.

Was going to change my formation as I'd run out of midfielders but it automatically changed to 4-3-3.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2013, 8:03 PM BST

I have wondered that. I think they choose the highest scoring sub. If two of your players don't play, then it's the two highest scoring subs etc. The 3.9s and 4.0s look great for the bench until you realise that many hardly get a look-in. They tend to add any substitution scores later. It's one of the last things they do.

Quote: Chappers @ September 22 2013, 8:04 PM BST

Was going to change my formation as I'd run out of midfielders but it automatically changed to 4-3-3.

Ah yes it's done now
Cheers Chappers

83 points this week. Completely vindicated.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2013, 8:03 PM BST

Subs is a bit more complicated. They go by your order, unless you have a goalkeeper without playing time, or less than three defenders without playing time, or no attackers, in which case they have to be replaced like for like.

So, although I had Darren Bent as my first sub, when the Special One dropped Luiz (& Mata) from the squad at the last minute to everyone's surprise, it meant I only had 2 defenders on the field/team-sheet. So Walker jumped from being second sub to being first, and replaced Luiz, rather than me having 3 forwards with Bent as sub. Fortunately this week it worked to my advantage, and I gained 4 more points because of it.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

Your team must have 1 goalkeeper, at least 3 defenders and at least 1 forward selected at all times.

If your starting team has 3 defenders, and one of them played 0 minutes, he can only be replaced by another defender who played.

My first choice sub was fine to go in thankfully.
Van Persie finally does some good.