30 Rock Page 6

Alec Baldwin's character Jack Donaghy.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 18, 2008, 8:21 PM

Channel 5 are really messing around with this show, moving it around, taking it off air, etc; and now its in a double bill. Seems like 5 want to get rid of it. Theyve never really given it a proper shot, I mean a ten forty start time is a pretty shitty time slot. Pity, as its great; and makes me wonder if they or anyone else will air series two.

The only terrestrial channel that knows how to handle American sitcoms is Channel 4. BBC struggles with the 22 minute length (they have 8 minutes to fill with trailers, etc) and Channel 5 doesn't really have a schedule that can accomodate them, especially now their brief dalliance with homegrown comedy is over.

The two episodes tonight were fantastic. If you didn't see them then make sure you can't the repeats on 5 Us at 6pm on Saturday or 5pm on Sunday.

Yeah, the best moment was when "Ridiculous" told his bodyguard to go and get his nose back.

Shame it's on Channel 5 because I never remember to watch it, never watch 5, so never see the adverts for it.

I "acquired" half the series a while back and really enjoyed it, only stopped because I heard it was coming to 5 >_<.

This great show ended last night and what an amazing first series. Easily the best American sitcom since Arrested Development. And last night it was great to see more of Doctor Spacemen, who had the funniest bit in the show when he revealed he was covered in blood because he'd just stabbed a dog.

It's shows like this that make me want the writer's strike to sort itself out.

This is a great show, badly messed about with by channel 5. I get the feeling that a lot of people might not have watched this, which is a shame, because its brilliant.

Yes, the best new comedy on UK screens at the moment for me. Can't wait for s2.

Is the DVD of this series out yet?

Just watched the first episode. Very good! Enjoyed it. Pleasantly surprised.

And yes Chip, the DVD of season one is available.

See Amazon product listing[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3305133/30-Rock-Season-1/Product.html]

I could never follow Channel 5 schedules. I watched most of it through other means and then stopped when I heard 5 had picked it up, so decided to rewatch again and catch up, kept missing it though.

Yeah, I certainly didn't watch on Five!

I've still only seen the Rural Juror episode.
Rurrrr Jurrrr.
Brilliant.

I just enjoy seeing Alec Baldwin, what a fine character that man is (basically playing himself but ;))