Krod Mandoon And The Flaming Sword Of Fire Page 2

Think I'll be tempted to watch this just for Alex MacQueen.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 11 2009, 7:38 AM BST

Think I'll be tempted to watch this just for Alex MacQueen.

Bender.

(Although he was very good in the Thick of It)

Just got an e-mail from a friend who discovered this on our Comedy Central on demand channel and suggested that I might like it. She said, "You'll like it. They have accents." She went on to say that she had to watch it with captioning (?????). Yes, I've seen most of the episodes and I like it. It reminds me of some of the crappy historical adventure shows I had to watch with my dad when I was a kid, which were unintentionally funny. I look forward to more of this in the future.

was Alex Mcqueen a Big Brother contestant or am I thinking of someone else

Quote: peter gazzard @ June 11 2009, 1:53 PM BST

Possibly, but not the fella we're taking about.

Not bad, not bad. Not all that consistent, but still some really good laughs, and an interesting story. And for chipolata, there's a dirty slut as a central character. Looking forward to the next episode. :)

I have just watched the first episode of Krod Mandoon on BBC2. For ne, real "laugh out loud" jokes and great satire. The "Bored of the Rings", "Dungeons and Dragqueens" etc geeks will probably hate it!

Matt Lucas is good the rest is abit tired.
Jeez Hawk the Slayer was 20 years ago leave it alone.

Quote: peter gazzard @ June 11 2009, 1:53 PM BST

Lee McQueen won 'The Apprentice' last year? His reverse pterodactyl impression might fit quite well in this show.

India is gorgeous.
However, I have seen better with Blackadder, and Chelmsford 123. Comedy is not easy. Why is Matt Lucas involved? He's over rated, anyway. The BBC have not had a hit in years. The Office is terrible. What is going on? I don't watch BBC sitcoms anymore.

Jobs for the boys?

Hey, Maid Marian, was better.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ June 12 2009, 1:40 AM BST

India is gorgeous.
However, I have seen better with Blackadder, and Chelmsford 123. Comedy is not easy. Why is Matt Lucas involved? He's over rated, anyway. The BBC have not had a hit in years. The Office is terrible. What is going on? I don't watch BBC sitcoms anymore.

Jobs for the boys?

Hey, Maid Marian, was better.

Don't want to lose this...

The Maid Marian series was really, really funny.

This is just well pointless.

Overall, I seriously thought this would have worked better as a CBBC show. The look, tone, even background music were very much like some of the BBC output for 6 to 12 year olds.

The show begun to lose me in the first 5 minutes. The opening scene was too long and slow. I don't think it works parodying a genre that's so ridiculous anyway it's beyond parody. The whole hour seemed terribly long and, in my house, it ended up as 'background' TV. I thought the female lead was a bit of a disappointingly dull character and the dancing scene was gratuitous and devoid of any humour.