Krod Mandoon And The Flaming Sword Of Fire Page 9

Quote: Maurice Minor @ June 26 2009, 6:55 PM BST

I watched a bit of this last night - awful is my verdict. Not funny, puerile, American drivel. With a big dollop of leaden Disney-esque moralising to round it off. Ugh..

If this sort of thing wants to work, it needs to be silly like Maid Marian And Her Merry Men........,

Stopped reading about here.

:)

Quote: Griff @ July 6 2009, 10:48 PM BST

I've been religiously taping this every week and now I don't know whether I can be arsed to watch any of it.

On a Sunday.

My favourite bit of light hearted nonsense for a long while. I really liked it.

:D

Quote: Mark @ July 7 2009, 11:19 AM BST

It is a sitcom Tim, and it's slightly over 60% British cast & crew so I think it is in the right place.

Anyway, I thought this was alright... it gave me some laughs. But there were also massively patchy moments - particularly highlighted by that bit where they turned into dogs in the last episode. Very poor. What were they thinking.

'Anyone got a mint?' Funniest line I have heard for a long while.

And I am surprised nobody noticed the big piss take of 'Robin Hood' the latest TV incarnation that was running throughout.

Hope it comes back.

Quote: Marc P @ July 7 2009, 10:38 PM BST

Hope it comes back.

Agreed but lets hope they actually keep writing to the very last episode. I must admit I didn't smile never mind laugh. As a fan of the series (minority report coming) I can't understand why on earth the last episode (imo) was so poor.

Quote: chipolata @ July 8 2009, 10:30 AM BST

Please don't go all Nick Griffin on us. He too is obsessive about factual accuracy in children's Robin Hood shows.

Nick Griffin is a fantasy figure isn't he?

There is a new Robin Hood film due out soon I believe?

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 6 2009, 11:06 PM BST

Actually is was a co-production, mostly from Comedy Central.

I don't care whether it's a co-production or not. It's rubbish and a complete waste of time and money.

I'm glad to see this show has been axed. While there were some moments I did not feel it deserved it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 7 2009, 1:20 PM BST

What? Why does that bother so many Americans?

From my experience, it's the Brits who usually cannot get past the accents in US TV shows, especially if the character is said to be from one area but displays (unnoticed by the whole world, except one European country) accent of completely different region :)
I'm ashamed to say that ever since frequenting this board, I've started paying more attention to bad accents, say, in Frasier. Well, passing Aussie accent as British would still work for me :)

Oh, and I watched the first episode. Oh well. fantasy and humour does not mix for me.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ August 21 2009, 3:47 PM BST

I'm glad to see this show has been axed. While there were some moments I did not feel it deserved it.

I imagine it was quite expensive to make too.