Status report Page 5,770

Quote: zooo @ 27th March 2015, 8:15 PM GMT

Congrats!

I shall expect new threads about pottering, biscuits and daytime telly. ;)

Thank you zooo - stuff the daytime television, I've got so many DVD sets to wade through I won't where to start!

I like the sound of pottering though, and as long as they are plain chocolate McVitie's digestives. :D

New laptop. Same old problems. BT Openreach were here for three hours today. They have made all sorts of internal changes which mean that the wrestling has ended. All that stuff about spending half an hour to be able to be on line for five minutes. But interestingly they tell me that the job hasn't been closed because there is an external fault - 15 volts of battery on an underground leg - to be rectified shortly. Quite where that leaves me is anybody's guess - but for now it is hip hip hooray.

Footnote: When they say that the line is working fine, what they may actually mean is that it is not. This is being brought to you on the early computer. Expenditure to date: £325 on a Windows 8.1.

Quote: zooo @ 27th March 2015, 1:11 PM GMT

Ooh. Where are you stopping on the way, Singapore or something?

Yep. Then to London. About 12 hour flight but prefer it to stopping again dubai

Ben loves free Wi-Fi!

Herc loves to pee Wee-Wee

How long have you been retired now?

Bernie when he was only 48 rather than fully employed at 87:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/britains-top-hod-carrier-bernie-gill-carrying-forty-bricks-news-photo/3395565

He is a very senior engineer now, of course. One of the best. :)

He never forgave RIchard Dawkins for the Hod Delusion

Quote: sootyj @ 28th March 2015, 6:17 PM GMT

He never forgave RIchard Dawkins for the Hod Delusion

:D

I saw him again today on the bus and got a free lesson in how to use Windows 8.1.

Do East Anglians retire too early? :)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 28th March 2015, 5:41 PM GMT

How long have you been retired now?

24 hours - I've got to get into all the retired life style and water-works is a major part of it. :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th March 2015, 6:24 PM GMT

24 hours - I've got to get into all the retired life style and water-works is a major part of it. :P

It's lying on the sofa watching Jez, Bargain Hunt, Cheers on Gold, the current BBC2 run of sitcoms, Pointless and then down the pub.

Easy!

Not for me mush, I've got Gibbon's "The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" to read. :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th March 2015, 10:29 PM GMT

Not for me mush, I've got Gibbon's "The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" to read. :S

Slow down. Rome wasn't built in a day and it's Decline and Fall cannot be read in one.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 29th March 2015, 12:19 AM GMT

Slow down. Rome wasn't built in a day and it's Decline and Fall cannot be read in one.

It can if you have the Junior Illustrated version. Cool

Will Cam only got up at 1 but is ready for a nap.