Status report Page 5,768

Lee is tracking his courier and feels like a stalker. Seriously, I can see where he is in my town and how many delivery slots he is away from me. DPD BTW LOL.

Quote: Lee @ 25th March 2015, 11:24 AM GMT

Lee is tracking his courier and feels like a stalker. Seriously, I can see where he is in my town and how many delivery slots he is away from me. DPD BTW LOL.

Earlier I had two txt msgs saying my B&Q delivery today would be between 8am and 10 am, so I set my alarm for 7 am to be up in plenty of time.

They arrived EARLY at 7am, before the alarm.

Still I'm glad I've now recieved the flooring stuff.

Turning up late is kind of understandable due to traffic etc, but turning up early with no warning is pretty bad customer service.

As you say, though, sometimes you're just grateful the delivery is there.

Quote: billwill @ 25th March 2015, 3:58 PM GMT

Earlier I had two txt msgs saying my B&Q delivery today would be between 8am and 10 am, so I set my alarm for 7 am to be up in plenty of time.

They arrived EARLY at 7am, before the alarm.

Still I'm glad I've now recieved the flooring stuff.

I received a parcel at 5 minutes past the quoted time on the right day which was great. What's not so great is that I've since been bombarded with status emails from the company I ordered it from, from the delivery company and paypal all telling me the status of my order, which according to them hasn't been delivered yet. I've let them all know now but it's annoying to have to do it.

Not long ago I accepted an offer of a quote on new double glazing, and received about 3 separate phone calls each checking the previous caller's performance. Overkill. Didn't get a quote in the end because they were so annoying.

I've recently started getting cold calls on my mobile which is infuriating because I keep having to find someone to answer it just in case it's something important.

In other news, à la Ben, Loopey is feeling sore and sorry for herself after having a biopsy yesterday. Sympathy accepted.

Quote: Loopey @ 26th March 2015, 12:01 PM GMT

In other news, à la Ben, Loopey is feeling sore and sorry for herself after having a biopsy yesterday. Sympathy accepted.

Console

7.5 hours of work, then no work for 4.5 weeks. Get on the plane in 23 hours and 25 mins. Some how have to finish packing, clean up, sleep and go to work before then.

All feels a bit odd, will only be going back to my office for about two days after my holidays before getting transfered elsewhere.

call in sick, say you got the London flu or something.

Quote: sootyj @ 26th March 2015, 1:38 PM GMT

call in sick, say you got the London flu or something.

Thought about it but I get really annoyed when other people ring in sick and I know they are faking it. Also in the 3 years I've worked there I have never had to phone in sick on the day I was meant to be there, so it would look a bit odd if I did it tomorrow.

I've recently started getting cold calls on my mobile which is infuriating because I keep having to find someone to answer it just in case it's something important.

Sympathy tendered...

I'm about to go for a dental appointment...

:|

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th March 2015, 12:04 PM GMT

Console

Thank you.

Quote: billwill @ 26th March 2015, 1:54 PM GMT

Sympathy tendered...

Thank you. I hope your dental appointment went well.

Quote: billwill @ 26th March 2015, 1:54 PM GMT

Sympathy tendered...

Two thirty?

Yes - by the look of the time of your post it can't be far out.

Hope the results go well.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th March 2015, 10:50 PM GMT

Two thirty?

Yes - by the look of the time of your post it can't be far out.

Hope the results go well.

Thank you.

Three lessons in and one step closer to me being the next Top Gear presenter. Best Learner Driver... in the world!