Status report Page 5,764

Quote: Ben @ 19th March 2015, 12:46 PM GMT

Ben would love to go for a slapper tonight, but can't afford it.

Shall we have a whip round for you?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th March 2015, 9:29 PM GMT

We can then take each other out to dinner..........and everyone else on the BCG.

Ok, I'd come...book me a first class flight to England.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th March 2015, 10:09 PM GMT

Ok, I'd come...book me a first class flight to England.

And the finest chorizo that we can offer!

Early risers & workers, don't forget the Solar Eclipse between approx 08:30 and 10:30 with max coverage (80% in London) around 09:30

Don't look directly at the sun.

Sun glasses are nowhere near dense enough and you would damage your eyes.

You need a filter as dense as an arc-welding mask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late risers: Too bad you will probably miss it..

Quote: Loopey @ 19th March 2015, 10:15 AM GMT

Glad some of it was useful. The Alexander Technique is, from my understanding, for use in every day life and in conjunction with anything else, so hopefully it will help improve things overall. Interesting about your Osteo, I see a few within the same practice of different ages and with differing views. I prefer some to others but all achieve the same aim which is to take my money. Not really, I am lucky because my friend works there so I don't have to pay the £40 for half an hour or whatever it is nowadays. I don't know how anyone but the super rich or insured can afford regular trips otherwise. Good luck with your treatment, whichever path it takes.. x

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments. I am paying £35 a session and can't really afford it but at the same time I can't not afford it. I will just have to see how things go from this point on.

Quote: billwill @ 20th March 2015, 1:50 AM GMT

Early risers & workers, don't forget the Solar Eclipse between approx 08:30 and 10:30 with max coverage (80% in London) around 09:30

Don't look directly at the sun.

Sun glasses are nowhere near dense enough and you would damage your eyes.

You need a filter as dense as an arc-welding mask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late risers: Too bad you will probably miss it..

I was at Greenwich - was it in the 1990s? - and am surprised that this one is so soon. I thought they said it was going to be hundreds of years before Britain had another one but I suppose it might be the difference between types of eclipses. For everyone who is looking forward to it, enjoy tomorrow.

Yeah, I think that was a total eclipse - this one is about 95%

Thick cloud cover here!

Ditto east of EA :(

Overcast in North London.

Good coverage on TV, BBC1.

It's looks and feels like being back in January. How exciting.

Not very spectacular here. Sun looks normal, only the light is a teenyweeny bit darker than usual.

Same for me.

I remember last time I witnessed one, everywhere went really dark briefly.

Of course now it's all over, the sun has finally appeared from behind the clouds.

T'was hardly noticeable, if at all here..........it's not tomorrow is it? :P

It's pitch black here, but only because it's 6:30 in the morning.

I'm looking forward to the total eclipse that will cross the United States in 2017. I'd planned to watch it at my parents' summer home in North Carolina which is directly in the path of totality, but they've put the place up for sale. Guess I'll make a road trip to somewhere else.