Status report Page 5,760

Quote: Loopey @ 16th March 2015, 1:42 PM GMT

Good luck. :)

Thanks! :)

Ooooh, yes, good luck.

Ta!

I remember how my father laughed when I told him, after about 3 lessons, that I knew how to do it now and just needed some practice.

Quote: Lee @ 16th March 2015, 12:48 PM GMT

Lee has just remembered he has his first ever driving lesson tomorrow and is ever so slightly nervous. Eep.

This should help relax you - very funny. Classic comedy on "your subject"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUYQZR-y7I

Enjoy! And the best of luck - you're gonna need it. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th March 2015, 4:51 PM GMT

This should help relax you - very funny. Classic comedy on "your subject"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUYQZR-y7I

Enjoy! And the best of luck - you're gonna need it. :D

Yes excellent.

The one thing that really annoys them is a learner turning left when they say right.

Mine became so aggravated his moustache nearly flew off into the adjoining Ford Fiesta.

But then we were almost on the 16th fairway by then - and people were shouting fore.

When I was learning, I was waiting at a junction when my Instructor said, "you don't have to wait for the traffic from the next village!" I failed my first test for being too hesitant at junctions.

Quote: Loopey @ 16th March 2015, 5:34 PM GMT

When I was learning, I was waiting at a junction when my Instructor said, "you don't have to wait for the traffic from the next village!" I failed my first test for being too hesitant at junctions.

Oh, I *hate* driving and haven't done so for quite a few years now. They're really aggressive around here and it's so stressful. We have an automatic Hyundai and it's seemingly very simple to drive, so....

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 16th March 2015, 5:42 PM GMT

Oh, I *hate* driving and haven't done so for quite a few years now. They're really aggressive around here and it's so stressful. We have an automatic Hyundai and it's seemingly very simple to drive, so....

Nowadays I have the luxury of a chauffeur.

God knows just how many driving lessons I had.

I did around 7 months worth of lessons when I was 17 and gave up (for some unexplained reason) when I got a full time job.

Then, when I was 19 I had another go and must have had 10 months worth of lessons.

Passed first time, though, and never had any problems since. Although parallel parking is something I don't think I've attempted since I had lessons.

Quote: Loopey @ 16th March 2015, 5:46 PM GMT

Nowadays I have the luxury of a chauffeur.

So do I - Mr TBN, but I'd like to be able to drive off myself - well, not in a 'Thelma and Louise' way, but you know - to Asda and stuff.

Quote: Ben @ 16th March 2015, 5:57 PM GMT

God knows just how many driving lessons I had.

I did around 7 months worth of lessons when I was 17 and gave up (for some unexplained reason) when I got a full time job.

Then, when I was 19 I had another go and must have had 10 months worth of lessons.

Passed first time, though, and never had any problems since. Although parallel parking is something I don't think I've attempted since I had lessons.

I too had about sixty odd lessons (after parting ways with some pervert I encountered when I was 17). I passed first time at the age of 19.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 16th March 2015, 6:09 PM GMT

So do I - Mr TBN, but I'd like to be able to drive off myself - well, not in a 'Thelma and Louise' way, but you know - to Asda and stuff.

Shame, I was just packing in anticipation of you turning up with a screech of wheels and throwing the door open for me to jump in.

Quote: Loopey @ 16th March 2015, 6:29 PM GMT

Shame, I was just packing in anticipation of you turning up with a screech of wheels and throwing the door open for me to jump in.

Are we expecting Mr William Bradley Pitt to provide us with our first taste of, well, you know what then? What would Angelina say? What if, say, she'd got a couple of frozen roast dinners in and expected a quiet night in with her hubby on that particular evening?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 16th March 2015, 7:09 PM GMT

Are we expecting Mr William Bradley Pitt to provide us with our first taste of, well, you know what then? What would Angelina say? What if, say, she'd got a couple of frozen roast dinners in and expected a quiet night in with her hubby on that particular evening?

I was thinking of asking Herc to stand in but now we know there is something a bit sinister about him that could change the dynamic.

Quote: Loopey @ 16th March 2015, 7:11 PM GMT

I was thinking of asking Herc to stand in but now we know there is something a bit sinister about him that could change the dynamic.

At the grand old age of seventy, I'd imagine that Herc wouldn't be able to 'come up with goods' so to speak - he'd probably get an attack of sciatica beforehand and have to rest up with two paracetamol, a wheat bag and a copy of 'The People's Friend'.