Status report Page 5,774

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th April 2015, 10:04 PM BST

Rang a pub and asked some questions about entering their quiz team. They said it was unusual but doable.

Does that chat up line ever work with egg heads?

Quote: sootyj @ 5th April 2015, 10:14 PM BST

Does that chat up line ever work with egg heads?

It probably does with Lisa.

Why else would she simulate an orgasm whenever she's bumped upstairs?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th April 2015, 10:18 PM BST

Why else would she simulate an orgasm whenever she's bumped upstairs?

Is that a euphemism you saucy old rouxe?

Quote: sootyj @ 5th April 2015, 10:27 PM BST

Is that jism you saucy old rouxe?

Nope - my screen is as dry as a bone.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th April 2015, 10:04 PM BST

Rang a pub and asked some questions about entering their quiz as a team of one. They said it was unusual but doable. Bottled out today but am tempted on a future Sunday. Is it sensible, though?

Whereabouts and what time? I could make it a 2 man team.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th April 2015, 10:14 PM BST

Hot on my hot topics.

Very average on the others.

Ironically, the prize is a meal for two. Laughing out loud

I could share the meal - but I fear your hot topics are the same as mine.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th April 2015, 12:34 PM BST

Whereabouts and what time? I could make it a 2 man team.

I could share the meal - but I fear your hot topics are the same as mine.

It's on at 9pm on Sundays but it is a bit in the middle of nowhere.

It just happens to be quite local to me.

There may be better locations. I know of other pubs that do them.

Ben is thanking the Lord that he has the rest of the week off.

I have the rest of my life off. :D :P

Only me, Aaron and zooo online at the moment. Not the best time for posting subversive statements or pics I suppose.

Was told today in Tesco to use the self-service till. This flustered me as I don't know how to use them and they take away people's jobs. Put two items in and realised I needed advice about how to use my club card there. By the time the woman arrived, I'd lost my bank card. Had to leave the items in the shop and went back to my alternative therapist. No card there. Then back to a shop I had been to earlier. No card there. Got home and tried to ring the bus garage. No answer. Rang the bank to arrange for the card to be blocked. Went to bed in a huff. Got up and looked at the jacket I had left on the floor. The unusable card was on top of it. Weird. I checked the pockets over a dozen times.

You were told to use the self service till? Eh?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th April 2015, 10:20 PM BST

You were told to use the self service till? Eh?

I'd say yes. It was done in an "it's in your own interest" way. No one else was using them whereas there were queues elsewhere. In other news, discovered today that my health treatment is being undertaken by someone who used to be a friend of Peter Stringfellow. And the Mormons rang to ask could they visit at 7.30pm tomorrow. When I said "yes" - I don't know how to say "no" - they said "awesome". Bit worried about it. Seem to be encountering people at opposite ends of life's scale.

It all happens in your life. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th April 2015, 10:26 PM BST

It all happens in your life. ;)

Think the Mormons were a bit taken aback by the way I gave them a lesson in American history last time and are somehow hoping to regain the initiative. But they will be walking into a room full of CDs and I have already made some preparations for my sermon on music and spirituality. I am expecting them to be able to cope with Van Morrison and the Waterboys but if time is moving on I will lull them into a false sense of security with "Morning of Our Lives" and then race into a blast of "Roadrunner".

nb. My therapist is in a marriage with two women - not one - but you probably guessed that anyway.

Advice to Horseradish:
(1) Assistants who tell you to use self-service - tell them to f**k off.
(2) Mormons - tell them to f**k off.
(3) Anybody who tries to tell you what to do - tell them to f**k off.
P.S. self-service tills are the work of Satan.