Status report Page 5,675

Quote: Lee @ 1st August 2014, 11:55 AM BST

Wooooooooooooh just got a huge tax rebate! Which is nice timing as I just bought a house. Things are looking up Leevil.

Congrats Lee!

I have a question. I am going to pick a kitchen and bathroom tomorrow. What kind of questions should I be asking? I have measured both rooms and taken photos.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st August 2014, 1:29 PM BST

Scunny?

Nope, Spally.

Quote: Jennie @ 1st August 2014, 2:06 PM BST

Congrats Lee!

I have a question. I am going to pick a kitchen and bathroom tomorrow. What kind of questions should I be asking? I am measured both rooms and taken photos.

Thanks!

If you find out, let me know as I need to ask these questions too!

I'd just suggest you get what you want and don't let them talk you into anything you don't need.

Congrats Lee!

I have a question. I am going to pick a kitchen and bathroom tomorrow. What kind of questions should I be asking? I am measured both rooms and taken photos.

You only want a toilet in one of them I think

Thanks Sooty. I've had my flat for 2.5 years now and it needed decorating when I bought it, so finally time to get stuck in.

I want to be all feminist like and self sufficient and able to ask pertinent questions. In reality, I'll just be like "oooh, pretty taps".

Will let you know if I find out anything interesting Lee!

In my kitchen renovation I used IKEA and one of the main reasons was because they have the best on-line design tool for Kitchens that I have found to date. Once you have the measurements of your room you can fit virtual cabinets & sinks etc into it and you are selecting ACTUAL available cabinets etc not just generalised objects.

When you have designed it and viewed it in 3D & rotated it etc etc, you can ask it to print the list and it prints the real shopping list of parts with current prices.

And here is the result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=logeTE_Qnk0

That's really good to know, Bill - thanks!

I'd strongly recommend you look at taps etc very carefully and imagine yourself cleaning them (unless you have a maid!). We got a new bathroom at the start of the year - quite posh and expensive BUT it's a total bugger to clean ... the taps look great but are really fiddly, AND it's the usual bastarding white instead of a nice colour, which means you can't easily see the dirt building up till it's utterly grotty. Of course you'll have to take white.

Quote: Jennie @ 1st August 2014, 3:26 PM BST

That's really good to know, Bill - thanks!

I forgot to say, that you then take the generated shopping list and your design reference & its password to an IKEA store and one of the kitchen consultants will go over it with you to see if there are any things you didn't know or you misunderstood.

Then you can place the order and add on the IKEA install team as an option.

Quote: keewik @ 1st August 2014, 3:27 PM BST

/..AND it's the usual bastarding white instead of a nice colour,

Another example of the bland lack of colour choice the British consumer seems to want (like car colours). There was a time when you could have lots of different colours in the bathroom, but for some reason the mere notion of an avocado suite is now laughable. It's a sad state of affairs when such conservatism becomes the norm.

I have a question. I am going to pick a kitchen and bathroom tomorrow. What kind of questions should I be asking?

"Can you do anything with the price? Wossnames down the road say they'll do the same thing for £x less"

I grew up with an avocado bathroom and a peach one. I miss them! Houses built in the '70s are the best.

Quote: zooo @ 1st August 2014, 7:09 PM BST

I grew up with an avocado and a peach.

Don't be a soft old fruit!

We had a maroon bathroom and blue toilet. How I miss them. We had to get an entire new bathroom suite (bloody white) just because the (maroon) toilet was falling to bits.

I think we just had an earthquake but nobody on Facebook will answer me. I think they're all dead.

Maroon and blue???

Yeaauukkkk

Did you have curtains made up in the Keewik clan tartan?

It wasn't both in the same room. Bathroom was maroon and downstairs toilet was blue.

Oh...

You poo downstairs ?

My God you lot are bonkers