Status report Page 4,379

Quote: AJGO @ April 1 2012, 12:48 PM BST

Was the zombie gun one the Mail story? I thought that then when they got to the bit about the family that killed themselves wondered if even the Mail would include that in a wind-up

Hmm, don't know. I don't think I read it to the end.

The Sun's Emirates fragrance and the comments is my favourite so far, although people being pompous on the Guardian website about Shaun Ryder being the government's class spokesman alongside pasty campaign is also excellent.

Since joints were en route to complete breakdown glad it happened today as much funnier news around. Wrists are so bad can't lift kettle, really want a cup of tea :(

Awww!

Quote: Lazzard @ April 1 2012, 12:09 PM BST

Impressive.
Is that for putting movies together or are you just over-speccing for the hell of it!
I've just moved across from PC to an iMac - loving the 27" screen - genuinley makes working easier.
Getting into Scrivener too - takes a bit of getting used to but worth it.

The hell of it lol. No for video editing in HD :) Yeah it's a lovely screen!

Quote: Tursiops @ April 1 2012, 12:22 PM BST

I just feel someone is over compensating...

I need to go shopping for an iMac soon; I am still on a PowerPC G4 processor that won't run the latest version of Adobe Flash - so no iPlayer, and, horrors, I can't watch anything in Showcase.

No I've got a big external hard drive too with it :D

Quote: Marc P @ April 1 2012, 11:59 AM BST

27 inches 3.4 GHz intel core i7, 8GB Ram :) Added some speakers too.

Ace.

I'm getting a new laptop in a few weeks still trying to decide on which to go for.

I might have to do that too :(

Just narrowly avoided knocking myself out on the door frame by falling against the wall. Spatial awareness and sense of balance, never my strong points at best of times, have gone completely out the window. Am also avoiding going near windows :D
Will try to stop whinging now. Bored bored bored, ow ow ow. Will really try to stop whinging now.

Stop drinking Buckfast during the day AJGO!

Laughing out loud Shh! Pretending I have medical issue *hic*

:)

Will cam has the fire lit and is fighting the snooze monster.

Didn't you know the snooze has been re-branded as 'the power nap'.

Quote: Will Cam @ April 1 2012, 2:10 PM BST

Will cam has the fire lit and is fighting the snooze monster.

Just turned down the air conditioner (it'll hit 90F/32C today) and procrastinating about going outside and fighting the weed monsters. I wish I could pour cement over my lawn and be done with it.

I'm thinking about flying to Denver in June to see a concert at this place. It's my favourite music venue in the world.

Wowz.

Quote: zooo @ April 1 2012, 3:47 PM BST

Wowz.

It's even more breathtaking in real life as there are huge outcroppings on either side. It kind of gives me vertigo and the climb up from the lower seats is brutal in the thin air at 6200 feet in elevation. Maybe I'll bring an oxygen bottle.

Bono and his mullet performing there in 1983: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4vblG6BVQ

Eep.
Looks like you might need a nice cushion to sit on too.

Quote: zooo @ April 1 2012, 4:03 PM BST

Eep.
Looks like you might need a nice cushion to sit on too.

Yeah, cushions or stadium seats are a necessity.

The venue is open to the public when there aren't shows scheduled and (crazy) people use it for exercising. I saw a group of people who jogged in place and then did 5 pushups on every freaking step. I was winded just walking up 15 stairs at that altitude.