Status report Page 4,378

Well, that's a whole day wasted...now to waste my evening!

Quote: DaButt @ March 31 2012, 7:47 PM BST

Google maps has an 8-bit option that renders like an old Nintendo. Early April Fool's gag?

That is so retro-cool

Billwill has been to a choral concert.

http://islingtonchoralsociety.wordpress.com/concert/

Bloody hypermobile joints have gone bloody mad again. In a f**k load of pain and a foul mood. Fortunately it's April 1st so am being mildly cheered by people taking newspaper stories seriously and leaving outraged comments

Ben is in bed watching cookery programmes. Am becoming horrifically peckish.

Have taken delivery of my specced up iMac... what a beauty :)

So Big Ben's going digital, I'm all for it personally.

Quote: Marc P @ April 1 2012, 10:58 AM BST

Have taken delivery of my specced up iMac... what a beauty :)

Details, please.

27 inches 3.4 GHz intel core i7, 8GB Ram :) Added some speakers too.

Quote: Marc P @ April 1 2012, 11:59 AM BST

Impressive.
Is that for putting movies together or are you just over-speccing for the hell of it!
I've just moved across from PC to an iMac - loving the 27" screen - genuinley makes working easier.
Getting into Scrivener too - takes a bit of getting used to but worth it.

:D

Is that your new bionic wiLly ?

I just feel someone is over compensating...

I need to go shopping for an iMac soon; I am still on a PowerPC G4 processor that won't run the latest version of Adobe Flash - so no iPlayer, and, horrors, I can't watch anything in Showcase.

Quote: AJGO @ April 1 2012, 10:50 AM BST

Bloody hypermobile joints have gone bloody mad again. In a f**k load of pain and a foul mood.

Console

Fortunately it's April 1st so am being mildly cheered by people taking newspaper stories seriously and leaving outraged comments

I saw one about a zombie gun that I rather enjoyed.

Quote: AJGO @ April 1 2012, 10:50 AM BST

Bloody hypermobile joints have gone bloody mad again. In a f**k load of pain and a foul mood. Fortunately it's April 1st so am being mildly cheered by people taking newspaper stories seriously and leaving outraged comments

Console

Rob is feeling the effects of two day outs in a row. He is - like Danny Glover - too old for this shit.

Was the zombie gun one the Mail story? I thought that then when they got to the bit about the family that killed themselves wondered if even the Mail would include that in a wind-up

The Sun's Emirates fragrance and the comments is my favourite so far, although people being pompous on the Guardian website about Shaun Ryder being the government's class spokesman alongside pasty campaign is also excellent.

Since joints were en route to complete breakdown glad it happened today as much funnier news around. Wrists are so bad can't lift kettle, really want a cup of tea :(