Who do you fancy? Page 1,144

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th July 2014, 2:37 PM BST

...you can't sue someone for saying: "Look at me, I say provocative things...please, take notice of me!"

Lord McAlpine sued Sally Bercow for £50,000 over her Twitter slur.

Quote: Nogget @ 14th July 2014, 9:12 PM BST

Lord McAlpine sued Sally Bercow for £50,000 over her Twitter slur.

Don't know them.
Anyway, I wanted to point out that for me RC is a lonely, embittered schoolbully. His posts, like the one in question, are desperate cries for love. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. He thinks people ignore him if he doesn't behave like a dick. You shouldn't sue him for that.
Funny thing is, he claims to be intelligent and witty. But with posts like that he makes Russell Howard look like the reincarnation of Peter Ustinov.

I hope this McAlpine guy is throwing a good party.

He's dead I think!

RP is obviously an intelligent and witty chap

He just seems a bit heartless

The woman has had her baby stolen and will almost definitely never see her again or find out what happened

She has to live with this everyday for the rest if her life

Yes we've all heard the rumours and conspiracy theories

But until/if/when she is charged she should be treated with sympathy and respect - not have the piss ripped out of her like she's lost her f**king budgie and not her daughter

But karma is a great thing

What goes around comes around....

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th July 2014, 2:37 PM BST

...you can't sue someone for saying: "Look at me, I say provocative things...please, take notice of me!" As far as I'm concerned, his countless attempts at shocking us are as boring as David Smith's list of dead friends and relatives. Both seek attention. Only RC does it a bit more eloquently...not necessarily funnier. While one of them is a modern day John Merrick (with Pinocchio-syndrome) the other one is an arrogant but respected member of the "clique", that's life. But as I said, I find them both equally boring.

That's a bit unfair on David Smith.

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th July 2014, 9:30 PM BST

RP is obviously an intelligent and witty chap

That doesn't prevent him from being a forty years old schoolbully with emotional problems.

Clearly !

Quote: Chappers @ 14th July 2014, 9:33 PM BST

That's a bit unfair on David Smith.

That's the part I regret having written because that puts me on the same level as RC. And because Dave doesn't deserve it...probably.

And now to something completely different:

I think Maggie Gyllenhaal looks great in that BBC drama series.

...and this Sara Pascoe looks good in Q.I.

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th July 2014, 1:39 PM BST

A contrary view is that RC's post is extremely unfunny (in bad taste) and actually genuinely does leave him open to being sued.

Another contrary view is that people who blab on endlessly about free speech, artistic expression and tolerance are in reality, a bunch of hypocritical, puritanical, drones who demand that comedic 'taste' - whatever that is - fits in with their narrow world view and duplicitous sense of moral authority usually derived and dictated to them by whichever rag of a newspaper they peruse.

I blame the media.

Do we have to dig this up again?

It's like a ball of shit rolling down a mountain of to shit, to create an unstoppable snowball of shit.

Lets leave that to the government perverts

Back to RC (speaking of sociopaths...)...you can't sue someone for saying: "Look at me, I say provocative things...please, take notice of me!" As far as I'm concerned, his countless attempts at shocking us are as boring as David Smith's list of dead friends and relatives. Both seek attention. Only RC does it a bit more eloquently...not necessarily funnier. While one of them is a modern day John Merrick (with Pinocchio-syndrome) the other one is an arrogant but respected member of the "clique", that's life. But as I said, I find them both equally boring.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th July 2014, 9:21 PM BST

Don't know them.
Anyway, I wanted to point out that for me RC is a lonely, embittered schoolbully. His posts, like the one in question, are desperate cries for love. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. He thinks people ignore him if he doesn't behave like a dick. You shouldn't sue him for that.
Funny thing is, he claims to be intelligent and witty. But with posts like that he makes Russel Howard look like the reincarnation of Peter Ustinov.

Thank you for your 'observations' Gordon. I'm sorry you find my posts boring - we can't all write solid gold comedy observations like your good self twenty four hours a day. Even as I type this, I'm still laughing at what you said the other day about something or other - so many memorable posts, it's difficult to narrow it down to just one.

However, aside from being extremely boring, my other massive fault is to go on comedy forums and write loads of unwarranted personal attacks against other members - some would say it's a cry for attention because my posts are routinely ignored for being so dull, forgettable and middle of the road.

As for the school bully accusation, you couldn't be more correct. I enjoy ganging up with other BCG members to pick on other posters like David Smith or George Roper. I don't know why I do it, perhaps it's my desire to fit in and be part of the gang. Regardless, this sort of behaviour is both deplorable and cowardly, so I feel deeply ashamed for being one of the main instigators of online bullying.

In future, I will try to amend my ways and be more like you - it would certainly put an end to the claims of being intelligent or witty.

Quote: sootyj @ 14th July 2014, 10:41 PM BST

Do we have to dig this up again?

I didn't dig it up the first time.

As the man who was arrested for pissing on Thatcher's grave said in his defence.
It was a purposeful wee.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 14th July 2014, 10:49 PM BST

Back to RC (speaking of sociopaths...)...you can't sue someone for saying: "Look at me, I say provocative things...please, take notice of me!" As far as I'm concerned, his countless attempts at shocking us are as boring as David Smith's list of dead friends and relatives. Both seek attention. Only RC does it a bit more eloquently...not necessarily funnier. While one of them is a modern day John Merrick (with Pinocchio-syndrome) the other one is an arrogant but respected member of the "clique", that's life. But as I said, I find them both equally boring.

Thank you for your 'observations' Gordon. I'm sorry you find my posts boring - we can't all write solid gold comedy observations like your good self twenty four hours a day. Even as I type this, I'm still laughing at what you said the other day about something or other - so many memorable posts, it's difficult to narrow it down to just one.

However, aside from being extremely boring, my other massive fault is to go on comedy forums and write loads of unwarranted personal attacks against other members - some would say it's a cry for attention because my posts are routinely ignored for being so dull, forgettable and middle of the road.

As for the school bully accusation, you couldn't be more correct. I enjoy ganging up with other BCG members to pick on other posters like David Smith or George Roper. I don't know why I do it, perhaps it's my desire to fit in and be part of the gang. Regardless, this sort of behaviour is both deplorable and cowardly, so I feel deeply ashamed for being one of the main instigators of online bullying.

In future, I will try to amend my ways and be more like you - it would certainly put an end to the claims of being intelligent or witty.

Decoded: "Thank you, Gordon. Thank you so much! You answered my cry for love. Now I have to catch the attention of the others. What shall I post next! Hmm... 'Women belong into the kitchen' and 'shoot the old and poor cause they're useles'. Yup, that'll do"

You're welcome, RC. Tonight you won't have to hurt yourself or hump your teddy bear.

P.S. Roper and Smith have the opportunity to defend themselves directly by answering my posts.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 14th July 2014, 10:31 PM BST

Another contrary view is that people who blab on endlessly about free speech, artistic expression and tolerance are in reality, a bunch of hypocritical, puritanical, drones who demand that comedic 'taste' - whatever that is - fits in with their narrow world view and duplicitous sense of moral authority usually derived and dictated to them by whichever rag of a newspaper they peruse.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

At least I think I was supposed to laugh at that being a comedy forum.