Who do you fancy? Page 1,148

Don't pick up sooty's terrible habits, Gordon. You'll be sent to a clinic.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th July 2014, 3:08 PM BST

This chat up definitely didn't work, Aaron!
;)

Quote: Aaron @ 20th July 2014, 3:08 PM BST

Are you accusing me of being an incontinent monk who doesn't do his own laundry?

Quote: sootyj @ 20th July 2014, 3:52 PM BST

Are you accusing me of being an incontinent monk who doesn't do his own laundry?

I thought that was a given?

Such an incredibly sexy woman - in the same league as Carly Simon to my mind - and sadly missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-pP4VboBk

If Melanie C and Cameron Diaz are busy I might squeeze in a moment for Kirsten Dunst and Zooey Deschanel. But I'm a nice person.

Have become a bit fond of Andy Serkis after seeing my new favourite film Rise of the Planet of the Apes, seeing Dawn later today...yipee

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 1st August 2014, 10:53 AM BST

Have become a bit fond of Andy Serkis after seeing my new favourite film Rise of the Planet of the Apes, seeing Dawn later today...yipee

Saw it last night.
Cracking film - way better than 'Rise' IMHO.

Seeing Caesar go from a baby to a grown up leader is what made 'Rise' so poignant for me, I think that is going to be hard to beat but am looking forward to it.

Woe because rise was one of the best fx heavy films of recent years, so it must be awesome.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st August 2014, 11:36 AM BST

Woe because rise was one of the best fx heavy films of recent years, so it must be awesome.

In this one, there are a couple of FX bits I thought a bit heavy-handed - in the main stunning, though.
But the story is great.

Oh I'm no fan of big fx, I think they get in the way.

But a film like Cloud atlas or Rise that use them intelligently can be great and very different.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st August 2014, 11:44 AM BST

Oh I'm no fan of big fx, I think they get in the way.

But a film like Cloud atlas or Rise that use them intelligently can be great and very different.

Agree, it's all about the story here and it never becomes too 'supernatural' due to fx.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 1st August 2014, 10:53 AM BST

How ironic then that he looks like a chimp

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st August 2014, 11:29 AM BST

Saw it last night.
Cracking film - way better than 'Rise' IMHO.

Feel like I've been through the wringer! Much darker than 'Rise' and some relentless battle scenes, but absolutely brilliant. Still prefer 'Rise' though.
Another one due July 2016....

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st August 2014, 8:33 PM BST

How ironic then that he looks like a chimp

And that's a bad thing?? ;)