What are you eating? Page 330

I had for my din dins fish and chips! Chips covered in BBQ sauce, fish in lemon juice and tartar sauce with mushy peas! Followed it with a piece of choc cake and washed down with tizer!

I bought Golden Creams for work earlier. Yummmmm.

I'm so so broke (because of spending too much at V Festival) that I've just bought my lunch for the next week out of a fiver... 5 cans of soup, bread rolls and some breakfast bars. :(

Quote: EllieJP @ August 25 2009, 10:08 AM BST

I'm so so broke (because of spending too much at V Festival) that I've just bought my lunch for the next week out of a fiver... 5 cans of soup, bread rolls and some breakfast bars. :(

Look on the bright side, it's slimming! :)

Quote: EllieJP @ August 25 2009, 10:08 AM BST

:( That's my dinner every week. Teary (without the breakfast bars)

Quote: chipolata @ August 25 2009, 10:13 AM BST

Look on the bright side, it's slimming! :)

Indeed. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 25 2009, 10:20 AM BST

:( That's my dinner every week. Teary (without the breakfast bars)

It's slightly better than my normal cereal diet!

You people need to learn to cook. :P

Cooking is more expensive. :(

Scuse me?!

Loaf of bread: £1.00. Feeds a man for a day (:D)

Bag of Flour: £1.00. Feeds a man for a life time.

But seriously, you don't have to spend three plus hours baking a loaf. There are loads of varieties, some only take 30 minutes (like rolls) and can be stored in the freezer.

Mushroom soup, huumus and tomatoes from the garden.

You can make soups, noodles, curries, fancy salads, cereal bars, anything and cheap and is mass quantities. You can freeze it and then let it defrost by lunch time or over night.

Once you start cooking like this, you'll wonder why you ever bought processed food. Although, I won't deny I have it occasionally, it is quite rare I do.

Muffins are really easy to make in bulk and then freeze. They're great for breakfast when you're in a hurry. I make banana ones or orange and poppy seed.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 25 2009, 1:17 PM BST

Muffins are really easy to make in bulk and then freeze. They're great for breakfast when you're in a hurry. I make banana ones or orange and poppy seed.

Haven't made Muffins yet, but plan to soon. Although made lots of blueberry sweet muffins and other flavours too :)

If you like pitta breads, which I do. They are fooking easy to make. Just mix the ingredients, knead quickly (rise for a bit if you want) and roll out flat ovals and bake for 20 minutes. Ooo they make a good sandwich or just smothered in jam. *drools*

Quote: Leevil @ August 25 2009, 1:12 PM BST

Scuse me?!

Loaf of bread: £1.00. Feeds a man for a day (:D)

Bag of Flour: £1.00. Feeds a man for a life time.

But seriously, you don't have to spend three plus hours baking a loaf. There are loads of varieties, some only take 30 minutes (like rolls) and can be stored in the freezer.

Great, a slice of bread for my dinner. :P

Quote: Leevil @ August 25 2009, 1:30 PM BST

Haven't made Muffins

I like it when Lady GaGa mentions her muffin in one of her songs.