What are you eating? Page 325

Quote: chipolata @ August 20 2009, 2:13 PM BST

Just had another plum. God knows why, it's like eating a bruised testicle.

Just eaten a testical, God knows why, tastes like a bruised plum.

Quote: Paul W @ August 20 2009, 2:16 PM BST

Just eaten a testical, God knows why, tastes like a bruised plum.

:D

Tomatoes fresh from the garden and they are the tastiest tomatoes I've ever eaten. With some brie and rice cakes and a not very nice chardonnay.

My plants are still producing fruit, but the tomatoes have recently become rather small and thick-skinned due to month after month of drought and triple-digit temperatures. They're not much bigger than golf balls in some cases, but they still taste great.

The various peppers are still growing like crazy. They seem to love the heat and drought.

Quote: DaButt @ August 20 2009, 2:31 PM BST

My plants are still producing fruit, but the tomatoes have recently become rather small and thick-skinned due to month after month of drought and triple-digit temperatures. They're not much bigger than golf balls in some cases, but they still taste great.

It's been wet on and off here and luckily the tomatoes are gradually ripening so I have new supply every day. I have three different varieties too, so I can use them for different things.

Quote: DaButt @ August 20 2009, 2:31 PM BST

My plants are still producing fruit

Unimpressed

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 20 2009, 2:33 PM BST

I have three different varieties too, so I can use them for different things.

I have 5 different types. The heirloom plants are mostly barren. The beefsteak plants are producing the aforementioned small fruit. Two types of cherry tomatoes are very productive. The Roma plants seem to be hardiest of all. Maybe I'll just stick to them next year.

The cherry ones are doing really well and are particualry delicious and sweet. My daughter keeps eating them straight off the plant.

Our heirlooms were terrible this year. I've had great luck other years with them. Our peppers(green bell and banana) were rampant. Green beans were okay too.

I have a craving for super noodles.

Don't do it! Pot Noodles are much nicer. Pleased

Just ate faaar too much. Mozzarella garlic bread, pollo carbonara and cheesecake. Soooo, so full, but it was wonderful.

You know what sounds vile but actually tastes amazing?

Supernoodles on toast with cheese melted on top.

Quote: JuliaC @ August 20 2009, 6:56 PM BST

Don't do it! Pot Noodles are much nicer. Pleased

Pot noodles exist to stop scum bags starving to death in their hovels.

Quote: sootyj @ August 20 2009, 7:09 PM BST

Pot noodles exist to stop scum bags starving to death in their hovels.

Laughing out loud
mmmmmmmmmm....pot noodles Huh?