EU Referendum - In Or Out?

No - not the Hokey-Cokey or anything rude.

Just a basic question. Do you want us In or Out of Europe?

Will make an interesting exercise bearing in mind the cross-section of people on here.

my vote: Out!

I'm disenfranchised because I want us to be a member of a nine country EEC as in 1973.

In fact, I want all of 2016 to be 1973.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd January 2016, 9:01 PM GMT

No - not the Hokey-Cokey or anything rude.

You spoilt my joke. Angry Oh and, frankly Scarlet I couldn't give a f**k.

Certainly, you should all vote to...nevermind, I don't live there. ;)

Cheeky bugger.

I deeply regret voting all those years ago to join the EU. However I feel we're trapped into it and would pay a price if we come leave. It also sounds as if we'd still have to fork out the same amounts of money in order to trade if we weren't part of it. I'm not sure at this point how I'll vote.

Have had two glossy folios already put through the door by the IN campaign, same leaflet/folio, which smacks of desperation on their part. Clearly the OUT campaign is waiting to see their stuff and respond to it and rubbish it, which is a common Tory tactic, and because the Tories are noted for their better election campaigns I'm expecting something good.

If the IN campaign on TV gets Clegg on board then they've had it, he's political suicide for any party now so I doubt they'll get him, maybe John Major will front it, as he's started saying his bit already.

Both options will give us problems but the EU has grown into a nannying PC monster, telling us all what to do while Belgium itself is at the mercy of islamist terrorists because of the naïve EU open border policy crap. The mood in France is changing back to a nationalist one and Merkel is causing heart attacks in Germany's most traditional cities.

So my view is the EU's a goner already, a pipe dream that's turning into a darker nightmare by the day and half the members in the east are refusing to adhere to the refugee quotas anyway, so what's the EU going to do to member states who say f**k off on rules they don't like? Kick them out? The whole EU project was doomed to failure from the start.

I'm for OUT because as soon as Britain comes out of the EU it will fall apart, it won't survive a year without GB. Rule England Scotland Wales and NI

Out

But the question is irrelevant

We will never be allowed to leave - ever

And this referendum will be rigged if needs be

We should keep it very vague, so that we can benefit from membership whilst not adhering to the rules we don't like. Works for France. So it's definitely in or out for me. We should call Merkel fat, to strengthen our negotiating positioning, and maybe mention the war - Greece did, and look what they got.

In, definitely.

Quote: beaky @ 24th January 2016, 3:23 PM GMT

In, definitely.

Will you be allowed to vote, since you don't reside here? In the Scottish referendum, only residents could vote.

(Bites knuckles)

Quote: keewik @ 24th January 2016, 10:39 AM GMT

I deeply regret voting all those years ago to join the EU.

'Cos we were lied to by that number one tosspot Ted Heath et al. And that was the start of my obsessive hatred of politicians.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th January 2016, 6:58 PM GMT

'Cos we were lied to by that number one tosspot Ted Heath et al. And that was the start of my obsessive hatred of politicians.

In those days I hadn't learned to hate the Tories so much. Thatcher soon solved that!

Quote: keewik @ 24th January 2016, 7:05 PM GMT

In those days I hadn't learned to hate the Tories so much. Thatcher soon solved that!

They're ALL lying bastards.