EU Referendum - In Or Out? Page 6

So maybe I could be celebrating my 60th birthday in other ways too.

And what happens in the Scots or Welsh decide to stay but the English want to leave?

Four months of over excited news readers, wall to wall referendum coverage, lots of head to head TV debates and claims of Beeb bias again. Great fun. :) Was jealous not to be in on the Scotch one. Now Keewik has her second in just a few months Angry

On The Scottish Problem has anyone else thought of this major potential flaw to be exploited? The Scots/SNP - who rule all but 3 seats in Scotland want to stay in EU and nearly half of them a year ago, maybe more now want to leave the UK. So, if they all vote OUT to get us all out of the EU this would give them their right to hold that 2nd UK referendum the SNP want. Then we'd be out of EU but Scotland would very probably be out of UK and back in EU! :S I love this election stuff. :S :S :S

BORING!

Will it make any difference to my life? Will it f**k and do I care? NO!

Then they will be going on about the result and on and on and on and on

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st February 2016, 8:15 AM GMT

Then we'd be out of EU but Scotland would very probably be out of UK and back in EU!

Not a chance in Hell an independent Scotland would get EU membership. The Spanish in particular would veto it till the end of time.

I've never liked pantomimes and this is already the worst one I've ever seen.

I'm now thinking of voting to stay in to stop the British reducing pensions further and also there is the fracking thing. Cameron has argued for a lot of freedom there and has got his way so far as the EU elites have their pensions tied up in oil companies. But slowly they are thinking about doing something to limit that particular enemy invasion. And this among other things would stop house values dropping by 75% inside 12 months.

Farage, Galloway, Boris! What a bunch of self-promoting farts. If they have the best interests of Britain as their priority, I'm a reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler.

Quote: keewik @ 21st February 2016, 11:11 PM GMT

Farage, Galloway, Boris! What a bunch of self-promoting farts. If they have the best interests of Britain as their priority, I'm a reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler.

Too true.

With a very heavy heart, and a lot of changing of my mind, I have decided to vote to stay in. Errr

Quote: keewik @ 21st February 2016, 11:11 PM GMT

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 22nd February 2016, 8:51 AM GMT

Too true.

How do you know she's Vlad the Impaler?

It's FOUR MONTHS away and the "news" is saturated with it..........for f**k's sake, is there nothing else going on in this country or the world.
Every Tom, Dick and Harriet plus their extended families are being interviewed at every angle..........f**king pisses me off. Angry

As it's only just been confirmed that there actually will be a referendum and when, it's hardly surprising. Something else will take up the headlines in a day or two.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd February 2016, 7:00 PM GMT

It's FOUR MONTHS away and the "news" is saturated with it..........for f**k's sake, is there nothing else going on in this country or the world.

Our presidential campaign has been churning along for about a year and the election is more than 8 months away.

Well this is all very strange. I have received my first booklet through the letterbox - no less than eight pages - from a referendum campaign. It is entitled "Your Country, Your Future, Your Vote". It has the union jack in a star shape with a pointed bit at the top so that it looks like a spitfire or a missile. And there is a picture of Nigel Farage and a statement on the second page. It has been published by something called the Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy Group of the European Parliament (EFD) : Say No TO EU. Com: Believe in Britain".

On the back page next to the headline "Europhiles like Leon Brittan kept us in" it says: "Many Yes campaigners such as Neil Kinnock, Peter Mandelson, Chris Patten and Leon Brittan are former European Commissioners with huge EU pensions. They could lose these pensions if they criticise the EU". Consequently, anyone who has argued Leon Brittan is in fact still alive seems to have the agreement of the No campaign. Did the papers get it wrong?

If you're referring to the fact he's died, the brochures were likely printed before the fact.

Quote: Aaron @ 22nd February 2016, 10:16 PM GMT

If you're referring to the fact he's died, the brochures were likely printed before the fact.

Yes. Geek