Inside No. 9 - Series 2 Page 8

OK, quite amusing.

Loved it. The fact that he used the old Casualty theme tune to strip to somehow made it all the more hilarious.

Yes, that was a nice touch. :D

Quote: zooo @ 24th April 2015, 11:35 PM BST

Loved it. The fact that he used the old Casualty theme tune to strip to somehow made it all the more hilarious.

That was brilliant :D

I loved the slapstick going on this week and the way it all culminated in the stripper scene.
Can't wait for next weeks 'seance' one.

I enjoyed this one, it was well structured with some smart lines (the birthday card motif was clever), but it never really lifted off for me: no real spark, no characters that lingered*, and, in all honesty, not that many laughs. Beautifully crafted, and well worth a watch, but definitely an episode 5 situation.

*Although the one section that got me was the granny playing Civilisation or whatever. Felt like there was more depth in those 2 or 3 lines about her island than the rest of the show.

There was lots of cliff-hangers though - waiting for things to happen - or not happen.

Those double plot twists they do in almost every episode are starting to get a bit predictable now. At this point it'd be more surprising if something "instantly predictable" actually happened.

I know this makes no sense, but it's true.

Quote: Agnostik @ 25th April 2015, 6:58 PM BST

Those double plot twists they do in almost every episode are starting to get a bit predictable now. At this point it'd be more surprising if something "instantly predictable" actually happened.

I know this makes no sense, but it's true.

Did you actually predict anything that happened this week though?

Quote: zooo @ 25th April 2015, 7:26 PM BST

Did you actually predict anything that happened this week though?

This week's followed a similar pattern, trying to lead us to assume that someone's going to get hurt as a result of that cake prank. I didn't buy it, and sure enough, it didn't happen.

I don't mean it as a harsh criticism, I really enjoy the show. But they do this kind of thing almost every time, it's now becoming something of a trademark.

Oh, I didn't really see the knife in the cake moment as one of the big twists/plot points. Just a fun misdirection.

For some reason I thought the bit where Pat got electrocuted was hilarious. He was a massive tosser though, so I don't feel bad.

I felt sad for him when his mad wife threw water in his face. :(
Reece can make anyone sympathetic.

Actually, the bit where he said "I know" about the affair suddenly revealed a lot more about the character.

Him turning up in the wolf head was such a brilliant touch.

Quote: zooo @ 25th April 2015, 7:55 PM BST

Oh, I didn't really see the knife in the cake moment as one of the big twists/plot points. Just a fun misdirection.

Not only the knife, but also the candles before that. :) The flash-forward with the ambulance at the beginning makes you imagine all kinds of possibilities and keeps you on the edge throughout the episode. Gotta love the fact that even that same ambulance turned out to be fake!

Quote: Ben @ 25th April 2015, 8:06 PM BST

Actually, the bit where he said "I know" about the affair suddenly revealed a lot more about the character.

:( Poor Pat.

I miss Geoff Tipps.

Him turning up in the wolf head was such a brilliant touch.

For some reason that bit looked really scary in the trailer.
(But wasn't so in the episode, obv.)