Inside No. 9 - Series 2 Page 5

Quote: Chappers @ 9th April 2015, 11:19 PM BST

Tonight's was very good too including Sheersmith's OTT Shackesperean accent.

What was it like in those pre-spelling days, Chaps?

OK, but my least favourite of this series so far.

Great to hear there is another series of this show, I loved the one where they stole the painting I think it was the second show in the series. One great thing about it is that my FIL is deaf and as there wasn't any talking we could all watch it with out the usual "what did they just say?" followed by someone pausing the show, and then him being given three different ideas of what was said, it's a bit like Chinese whispers sometimes.

Strumpet

Quote: Strumpet @ 11th April 2015, 6:18 AM BST

Great to hear there is another series of this show, I loved the one where they stole the painting I think it was the second show in the series. One great thing about it is that my FIL is deaf and as there wasn't any talking we could all watch it with out the usual "what did they just say?" followed by someone pausing the show, and then him being given three different ideas of what was said, it's a bit like Chinese whispers sometimes.

Strumpet

"A Quiet Night In", which was my all time favourite but now has a rival with the superb "12 Days Of Christine".

I think I will go with joint top two as they were so different.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th April 2015, 8:34 AM BST

"A Quiet Night In", which was my all time favourite but now has a rival with the superb "12 Days Of Christine".

I think I will go with joint top two as they were so different.

I'm with you on that episode being bloody brilliant. It has to be one of my favourites as well. I will probably have to wait a few years before Aussie TV show the second series however I will keep my eyes out for it.

Strumpet

This week's episode was laugh-out-loud-funny, a brilliant spoof of things like Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" and the Salem witch trials.

Fantastic writing and some lovely deadpan acting in the vein of "Airplane" or "The Naked Gun".

What I love about these shows are the complete change of style and tone.

Quote: Strumpet @ 11th April 2015, 8:59 AM BST

I'm with you on that episode being bloody brilliant. It has to be one of my favourites as well. I will probably have to wait a few years before Aussie TV show the second series however I will keep my eyes out for it.

Strumpet

Few years!?!?! Oh dear - can you not access iPlayer? This is the link - it is on for 21 more days..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05pwfcf/inside-no-9-series-2-2-the-12-days-of-christine

I know Gordon Bennett couldn't in Switzerland, but then somebody gave him a link so you could view it worldwide - sorry, can't remember what it is or what thread it was on.

And YES! Watch out for "12 Day of Christine" - very, very clever writing and will keep you guessing to the very end. I kept wondering where it was going and it made me jump a couple of times..........and have to admit I had a tear in my eye at the end. Sheridan Smith was absolutely brilliant in the lead part of Christine.

I enjoyed it. Good script and excllent performances, with some nice lighting to keep it atmospheric. I kind of thought there wasn't quite enough meat to fill the full 30 minutes though.

It reminded me of episodes of The Simpsons and The Blackadder - I'm not saying this invalidates it, or anything, just saying they popped into my mind.

Throughly enjoying Series 2, though not as inspired as Series 1. Here are my reviews. It is great TV, though suffers from the shadow of Black Mirror.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLLGtavbtiFiFtAxLBhgvsojcCcHVP3Jj

I thought it was okay this week, but not as good as the first two episodes.

Probably more laughs in this one than the first two. I particularly liked the use of the word "cunny".

I could see the twists coming this week, as well, which was a little disappointing. The first two had wrong footed me.

I felt it had some slight influences from Murrain which was a one off drama by Nigel Kneale. I wrote a piece on it a couple of years back at http://www.curiousbritishtelly.co.uk/2013/03/murrain.html and it has a fairly similar ending if a little more ambiguous.

Oh, and I forgot to say last week, Sheridan Smith in a naughty nun's outfit. Lovey

Quote: Ben @ 11th April 2015, 3:36 PM BST

Oh, and I forgot to say last week, Sheridan Smith in a naughty nun's outfit. Lovey

White knickers too. :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th April 2015, 11:10 AM BST

Few years!?!?! Oh dear - can you not access iPlayer? This is the link - it is on for 21 more days..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05pwfcf/inside-no-9-series-2-2-the-12-days-of-christine

I know Gordon Bennett couldn't in Switzerland, but then somebody gave him a link so you could view it worldwide - sorry, can't remember what it is or what thread it was on.

And YES! Watch out for "12 Day of Christine" - very, very clever writing and will keep you guessing to the very end. I kept wondering where it was going and it made me jump a couple of times..........and have to admit I had a tear in my eye at the end. Sheridan Smith was absolutely brilliant in the lead part of Christine.

Unfortunately iPlayer will not play outside the UK, so I will have to wait awhile. However thank you Hercules. <3

Strumpet

The Trial Of Elizabeth Gadge was very funny. Less keen on the ending, but I suppose they needed to do something.

Quote: Ben @ 11th April 2015, 3:36 PM BST

I thought it was okay this week, but not as good as the first two episodes.

I could see the twists coming this week, as well, which was a little disappointing. The first two had wrong footed me.

It's probably because the earlier shows twists were unexpected that we're trying to work them out beforehand.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th April 2015, 6:35 PM BST

It's probably because the earlier shows twists were unexpected that we're trying to work them out beforehand.

I try not to and just enjoy what I am seeing.