Inside No. 9 - Series 2 Page 7

I liked it, but it felt like they'd jammed a whole season of LOG into 30 minutes and it suffered for it.

I hope someone digs the scripts out, edits it and stretches into a dark sitcom.

It'd be awesome.

We do need a new sitcom from them. Another good one this week, there's always this really strong sense of suspense hanging over the episodes that makes them so special to watch.

Quote: Agnostik @ 18th April 2015, 12:42 PM BST

Nope. I thought it was the weakest of the series so far.

Ah, a kindred spirit. :)

Quote: sootyj @ 18th April 2015, 5:00 PM BST

I liked it, but it felt like they'd jammed a whole season of LOG into 30 minutes and it suffered for it.

I hope someone digs the scripts out, edits it and stretches into a dark sitcom.

It'd be awesome.

Could always write to them, Sootyj?

I don't think Reece Shearsmith and Sooty are on speaking terms since 'the incident'.

Quote: Ben @ 19th April 2015, 5:51 PM BST

I don't think Reece Shearsmith and Sooty are on speaking terms since 'the incident'.

Haha, what incident is this?

I've always like Reece's work but he can seem to be a bit of a grumpy tit at times.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th April 2015, 5:41 PM BST

Could always write to them, Sootyj?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 18th April 2015, 7:48 PM BST

We do need a new sitcom from them.

Or a sketch show
I always thought the League of Gentlemen series was the best of their work thus far.

The old lady who called the help line about her cat was played (well, voiced) by Vilma Hollingbery who also played Claudia (the old lady Mr. Jelly was saddled with) in Psychoville. Thought it was funny.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th April 2015, 10:53 PM BST

Or a sketch show
I always thought the League of Gentlemen series was the best of their work thus far.

They're OK at drama, but they're fantastic at comedy.

It's a shame that so many brilliant sketch-writers abandon the form as they become more famous. All credit to the likes of John Finnemore for bucking this trend.

I think it's because they wanted to try something new. It's like a band progressing and not necessarily wanting to do their old hits.

I've enjoyed the series so far, although I haven't caught up with the 'Witchfinder General' episode so far. I like my comedy to have a black heart.

I love Lorraine Ashbourne. I think she's a great actress - and yes - she does have a sexy accent.

This weeks plot seemed fairly slight on the surface, but there was actually quite a lot going on beneath the surface.

Not many laughs throughout, but the bit with the stripper had me screaming with laughter.

This series has had a much better hit rate than series 1 where I only really liked about 2 episodes.

This week's felt like a League sketch, but padded out.