Inside No. 9 - Series 2 Page 4

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd April 2015, 12:48 AM BST

Yes - very good although it reminded me a bit of a Dr Who episode with Catherine Tate.

Yes, that sprang to my mind immediately too. Probably helped me to work out pretty swiftly that these were not just cute edit choices - although I'm not claiming I predicted the entire scenario, of course. But it was absolutely beautiful regardless.

It also made me think of "The Bridge" by Iain Banks and Lynch's "Mulholland Dr.", for reasons I won't go into now, because I feel I've probably spoilered enough already. Anyway, I thought it was brilliant, that's all that matters.

Quote: gappy @ 3rd April 2015, 12:40 PM BST

Lynch's "Mulholland Dr."

Me too!

Well I don't think there are any spoilers here. Lucky OR isn't around. I would say though that really there were only little touches of humour and the editing was brilliant. The first couple of times I was thinking "what?"

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd April 2015, 12:58 PM BST

Well I don't think there are any spoilers here. Lucky OR isn't around.

Laughing out loud

I'm sure it will happen at some point during the series, but I'd love an episode featuring Reece and Steve on their own or pretty much on their own, that would be fab.

Wow! I'm not sure there's enough superlatives in the world to describe how amazing that was!

Utter televisual magic.

It reminded me of The Comic Strip Presents episode with the wedding-Les Dogs, I think it was called?

Just watched The 12 Days of Christine again - missed one vital bit first time. Still think it is one of the best things I've seen on television of late - script, filming, editing, acting brilliant.

I really enjoyed last week. It's interesting that this site has declared twice now that it was a drama and not a comedy. I thought it had a lot of humour in it, of course it was dramatic and had a tragic ending but the line between comedy drama and drama seems to be a fine one. Lots of scenes had comedy. The opening one, building the cot, all the scenes with the gay friend. It was hardly Downton Abbey. ;)

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 9th April 2015, 9:31 AM BST

I really enjoyed last week. It's interesting that this site has declared twice now that it was a drama and not a comedy.

As far as I know, this site doesn't decide what to call it, they go with whatever the channel (or makers) have classed it. In this case comedy drama (not drama).

:) Yes, thank you zooo I fully concur, which is what I called it from Day 1.

Quote: zooo @ 9th April 2015, 10:09 AM BST

As far as I know, this site doesn't decide what to call it, they go with whatever the channel (or makers) have classed it. In this case comedy drama (not drama).

I was referring to just last week's episode. Not the sitcom as a whole. They've labelled last week as just drama (not comedy drama) on the home page both last week and this.

Ahh I see, I hadn't noticed that.

Tonight's was very good too including Sheersmith's OTT Shakespearean accent.

I didn't expect the first twist but the ending was predictable.

Very "Tales of the Unexpected".

In a good way.