Inside No. 9 - Series 2

Yay!

This Thursday coming:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/inside_no_9/

Yes! Punches the air.

Although several of the episodes in the last series were rather forgettable, the rest were quite tremendous.

So, yes, I'll be tuning in with my eyes open, ears unblocked and comedy nose wet and in the air.

Quote: Ben @ 22nd March 2015, 8:57 PM GMT

Although several of the episodes in the last series were rather forgettable, the rest were quite tremendous.

The one about the person's breath in a balloon was one of the most boring things I've ever watched on TV. The wardrobe episode was the best for me!

Quote: Ben @ 22nd March 2015, 8:57 PM GMT

wet and in the air.

Urgh. Sick

I thought last night was excellent, lovely character comedy and a decent mystery.

Yep, loved it. And the double twist.

Julie Hesmondhalgh is in literally everything at the moment.

And good to see a show unashamed of a good fart gag, nor extending it to a decent shit in a box gag

I felt it dragged on a bit. I feel the same way about the show in general. It's undeniably good, but often feels padded (and not particularly suspenseful).

The League of Gentlemen and Psychoville didn't have that problem thanks to multiple intertwining plotlines that Shearsmith and Pemberton are so good at crafting. There was always something happening. I think Inside No. 9 would've been better if it had a similar structure, or at least had two stories per episode.

(Apologies in advance for my English that's even more shaky than usual due to lack of sleep. It's about time to remedy that.)

Your English is perfect!

I didn't think it dragged, I rather like the slower pace some of the episodes have. It does feel different and more play-like than other shows in that way.

Probably my least favourite so far, maybe because of the claustrophobic nature of the setting made me uneasy but that was kind of the point. Hoping the next 5 will be back to Series 1 standards. It's one of those shows you really want to like every time but there will be exceptions.

I thought it was tremendous stuff and thought the double twist at end was very satisfying.

A great start.

Very enjoyable, but my query is what a seemingly fussy sleeper who is apparently an upwardly mobile medical man would be doing in such a cramped sleeping compartment.

Surely in his position in the world he would travel first class with presumably a compartment to himself?

Mr Nit Picker. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th March 2015, 9:17 PM GMT

Very enjoyable, but my query is what a seemingly fussy sleeper who is apparently an upwardly mobile medical man would be doing in such a cramped sleeping compartment.

Surely in his position in the world he would travel first class with presumably a compartment to himself?

Mr Nit Picker. :D

Spoiler alert: Would have thought because he was in there to primarily murder the competition for the interview, he had to go where the competition was.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ 27th March 2015, 9:20 PM GMT

Would have thought because he was in there to primarily murder the competition for the interview, he had to go where the competition was.

But then why, if he was in the same position in life was he also in with the riff-raff.

I think it is a collection of sitcoms, in the same way Ripping Yarns was a collection of sitcom. Like pilots. Now League of Gentleman, that wasn't a sitcom.