BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 Page 46

Quote: don rushmore @ 17th May 2015, 10:01 PM BST

I daren't look at the league table. I assume you, Godot and Steve are now back in the running?

Worrying times for poseiDON adventure.

Haven't had time to look at it for weeks. I'm just pleased I didn't put three of Arsenal in for double points. Success against Man Utd was a non-runner. There is no chance of them beating Sunderland.

Quote: don rushmore @ 17th May 2015, 10:01 PM BST

I daren't look at the league table. I assume you, Godot and Steve are now back in the running?

Worrying times for poseiDON adventure.

The title's between me and Steve Don, as you well know, with Gerry having a thin outside chance of getting something. You're not part of the league any more as it's for people who post. I can't believe you forgot that since you are the one who likes to get the rulebook out here.

I'm top of the league, old cork.

Last time YOU held a lead was at Crufts, when your missus won Best in Show.

Don, you last posted on the 27th October last year. Then you did unexpectedly well off your back four and started posting again on the 26th April. That's SIX MONTHS without a single post from you. Not a couple of weeks, but exactly half a year and almost all of the season.

You know the rules - in fact you have been the most vociferous proponent of them - so this is monstrous hypocrisy on your part. You seem to think it's only other people who need to observe these things.

You already dropped out of the league for two gameweeks after the first week in a fit of pique and after we all asked you over and over to come back you came back with a league that you set up because the 'clique' was 'so badly run'. Your main objection was that it contained people who didn't post.

After I pointed out to you that it was 'our league' for all of us and not something that you could control as you saw fit you started with these 'girlfriend' 'jokes' of which your post above contains the latest. None of these appeared with any provocation, they are just you trying to be as nasty and offensive as possible.

The league has suffered this season having a non-poster in the lead - Steve alluded to it the other day. Because you couldn't be bothered to post. IN SIX MONTHS. Not once. Despite raging about Percival Marsh 'stealing silver from you' on page 12 of this thread.

On page 19, back in October before you disappeared you asked this question:

Quote: don rushmore @ 8th October 2014, 5:37 PM BST

Why is Rob H still included? He doesn't post. How would you feel if he won and you came second?

Well now you know the answer.

Godot - I do think people should post and make regular contributions to the thread but there are exceptions to that rule. Sometimes real life gets in the way. I was ill for six months, still am, and didn't feel like "joining in".

I'm surprised that, given my strong views on posting, you'd think I'd just up and leave for no good reason.

If you had left the thread for six months, without explanation, I would have thought to myself, "he's probably got a valid reason for not being here."

It's a shame you couldn't afford me the same courtesy.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th May 2015, 12:20 PM BST

Well now you know the answer.

No. You actually said something like, "I wouldn't give a shit." But now, six months later, you DO care. So I'm not the only hypocrite here.

I've always liked you Don but no-one could call you a team player. I actually think in more primitive societies you're the guy who gets pushed out off the tent for the good of the community.

I think you're quite a self-serving individual.

You were ill a year or so ago but posted a note to say you wouldn't be contributing much and everybody wished you well. I was diagnosed with an incurable condition last year and have to make six monthly visits to the hospital for monitoring. It was the reason that my game went so badly off the boil last year although I still managed to post and play. Each of us has our trials and tribulations - it goes without saying.

This time I actually think you couldn't be bothered with us and you only started posting again when you got enough points to make your lead unassailable. Had Steve or I or anyone else passed you I don't think we would have heard from you again till next season.

You talk about courtesy being shown to you and exceptions being made but the general impression I get is that you more-or-less think the posting regs shouldn't apply to you. It really isn't hard to imagine how you would have reacted if someone else who never posted came back to bask in the glory. I simply don't believe you if you say you would have made an exception to the rules for them. Your first post after six months was about a rule 'violation': Explaining why you deleted Steve from the league you set up because he had a second team. Despite the fact that his second team wasn't even in your league or the clique. You are a stickler for the rules - a genuine rule pedant - except when it comes to yourself.

There's no good outcome to this. If we disqualify you it will feel shit and no-one will be happy to win. If we let you stay in the clique and take the title it will feel like you bullied and shafted everyone and you are above the rules. Plus we will never hear the end of you talking about your 'gold medal' and how everyone else was a 'mid-table man' with a dog or a whore for a girlfriend.

It's not up to me to decide, but we can all vote on it. WINNER or DQ. You'll still be top of the league you set up whatever happens but for me and for you too - except when it involves yourself it seems - the clique is for people who post.

My vote: DQ

You've been stuck behind a non-poster for most of the season - boohoo! I've been stuck behind non-posters EVERY year since 2009. 2009! You mention Percival Mash but there have been plenty of others. I'm actually stuck behind 2 non-posters in the BCG H2H league right now.

The league is what it is. Some people post, some people don't. Make peace with that or f**k off.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th May 2015, 5:03 PM BST

Had Steve or I or anyone else passed you I don't think we would have heard from you again till next season.

There is no 'next season'. BCG FF is dead. My absence, your constant moaning, Steve's cheating, idiots posting unfunny pictures etc, has killed it off.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th May 2015, 5:03 PM BST

This time I actually think you couldn't be bothered with us and you only started posting again when you got enough points to make your lead unassailable.

My lead ISN'T unassailable. If you want an example of someone posting purely because he is doing well, see ContainsNuts.

Quote: don rushmore @ 20th May 2015, 6:59 PM BST

There is no 'next season'. BCG FF is dead. My absence, your constant moaning, Steve's cheating, idiots posting unfunny pictures etc, has killed it off.

I have to disagree with this analysis. I find Godot's windmilling entertaining and Steve's done nothing wrong you daft sod :)

Plus I don't know of anyone who'd use an unfunny picture where it's not needed.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 21st May 2015, 10:51 AM BST

I find Godot's windmilling entertaining

I assume the hospital visit Godot mentioned, was to get your head removed from his arse.

Quote: don rushmore @ 21st May 2015, 11:18 AM BST

I assume the hospital visit Godot mentioned, was to get your head removed from his arse.

Laughing out loud

Morning, popped in for the season finale, good luck all. All getting on well I see, good. And if I get 300 pts today I'll win because it's okay to f**k off for 6 months and come back ONLY if it looks like you're going to win. Interesting rules. I like this game, it's different.

Now that Don has seen the photo and shut down the page in barely disguised contempt, I'm looking forward to Helicopter Sunday (or the race for second, if Don is still in fact reading). There's five points between Godot and Steve, they only share a third of their outfield players and one of them is Hazard who probably won't even play.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 23rd May 2015, 12:16 AM BST

...and then I got out the lemon curd, peeled off her bicycle clips and plunged my .. what ? EH?

SHIT!! WRONG WEBSITE!! Teary Huh?

Worth a 13 point deduction, I think.