BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 Page 37

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th February 2015, 1:32 PM GMT

When are you going to join the league, you cockdrip? At the moment we have to consult two tables to work out the standings.

A good point.

I will see what I can do. Cool

You'll have to ask Badge as he runs the league
Sorry I mean Dan
Easy mistake to make

On we go to the next gameweek
A sparse one at that

Please play Bellerin Wenger

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 28th February 2015, 2:27 AM GMT

BTW Who's Bellerin Wenger?

Great left foot wonderful head of hair I'm surprised you've never heard of him

I've only been to Selhurst park once
Wimbledon Vs Liverpool in the nineties
A young fellow called Michael Owen made his debut & I remeber thinking that he looked too little to be any good
He did score though

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 28th February 2015, 3:06 AM GMT

Well, if you can't score in the Croydon area, you...

Oh! You mean football..

:D

Sorry to have to quote you for a smiley
But you know, track record & all that :D

Laughing out loud

The two players I brought in seemed like such good ideas on Monday, then the Champions League games came along...

Still, if it goes wrong, at least I've got 85 non-playing West Brom defenders to fall back on.

Talking of Palace
Good week to have to play Puncheon out of neccesity

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 28th February 2015, 2:18 PM GMT

Talking of Palace
Good week to have to play Puncheon out of neccesity

And seemingly a good week to wring some points out of Dwight Gayle with both Frazier Campbell and Chamakh out but Pardew didn't play him for a minute. Reckon he must be carrying an injury as well.

Notice that you and don both have Wollscheid. Never heard of him. Did you buy him because he was cheap?

Quote: Splodge @ 28th February 2015, 9:43 AM GMT

The two players I brought in seemed like such good ideas on Monday, then the Champions League games came along...

Still, if it goes wrong, at least I've got 85 non-playing West Brom defenders to fall back on.

Yeah, Pulis doesn't seem to like Baird. He subbed him off early last week. Pretty tough to have two defenders from a team and still not get the clean sheet.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 1st March 2015, 2:05 PM GMT

And seemingly a good week to wring some points out of Dwight Gayle with both Frazier Campbell and Chamakh out but Pardew didn't play him for a minute. Reckon he must be carrying an injury as well.

Notice that you and don both have Wollscheid. Never heard of him. Did you buy him because he was cheap?

Yeah, Pulis doesn't seem to like Baird. He subbed him off early last week. Pretty tough to have two defenders from a team and still not get the clean sheet.

Yeah he was cheap & half of Stokes defence are injured so he seemed pretty secure
Unlike Bloody Baines
Where has he gone?

TW2 FH.

That Was The Week From Hell. Teary

I thought I had a bad week till I saw you shot your balls off with minus twelve points worth of transfers. What the f**k do you expect!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 1st March 2015, 10:51 PM GMT

I thought I had a bad week till I saw you shot your balls off with minus twelve points worth of transfers. What the f**k do you expect!

It would still have been less than 30 points. The problem was a dire combination of the Chelsea, Tottenham and QPR absences, injuries and especially rotation which is worse than at any time this season. I had Hutton (injured), Vertonghen (Spurs - not played), Azpilicueta (Chelsea - not played), Clichy (mainly played but not always), Jones (mainly played but not always), Walcott (not being played as anticipated and increasingly a waste of space), Tadic (increasingly not played), Hazard (Chelsea - not played), Kane (Tottenham - not played) and Austen (QPR - not played). I could have spent twice as many points on transfers and still not had a full eleven. I brought in Bardsley, Fonte, Yaya Toure and Sigurdsson. All were very sensible on paper.

But only Bardsley delivered. Now the latter is injured. And I knew in the lead-up that Jones was unlikely to be picked (he ended up injured), Clichy was unlikely to be picked (yes, correct), Walcott was unlikely to be picked (ditto). Every single one that may have turned out alright turned out to be wrong. It wasn't my fault.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st March 2015, 2:10 PM GMT

Yeah he was cheap & half of Stokes defence are injured so he seemed pretty secure
Unlike Bloody Baines
Where has he gone?

Interesting trivia for the stoke game - Wilson, Wollscheid and Crouch all finished on 27 points so all got a 3pt bonus in the game. Not bad for a 1-0.

Very jealous of your rush of bonus points this and last week. Understandable for Puncheon, but 6pts for your defenders really makes a difference in a reduced gameweek like this.