What DVD are you watching? Page 22

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 1st November 2015, 5:32 PM GMT

I just did a search for Meiko Kaji (the star of Lady Snowblood). I think she might look younger than Uma Thurman despite being old enough to be her mother.

Meiko Kaji in 1973 (aged 25)

Meiko Kaji in 2009 (aged 62)

Uma Thurman in 2005 (aged 35)

Uma Thurman in 2015 (aged 45)

I think Uma may have been hanging around with Renee Zellweger.

Or Mickey Rourke?

Quote: zooo @ 1st November 2015, 8:30 PM GMT

Ha, yes. Seems he's quite famous for 'paying homage' / nicking stuff from more obscure films.

Talent imitates, genius steals. Agree though.

Quote: zooo @ 1st November 2015, 8:30 PM GMT

Ha, yes. Seems he's quite famous for 'paying homage' / nicking stuff from more obscure films.

There's 'paying homage' (which is fine if you do it well) and there's remaking without permission. The other remake had the decency to just nick the basic story and central character and change everything else.

I like QT in general, he's very skilled, but sometimes he indulges himself a little too much, but I guess most popular directors who are fortunate enough to have free reign do the same.

Inglorious Basterds had an amazing opening scene, then the rest of the film couldn't live up to it.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st November 2015, 9:54 PM GMT

Or Mickey Rourke?

Maybe.

I don't get it. There's nothing wrong with being a woman over 40 and having a few lines on your face. You're supposed to have them. It can give the effect of looking more experienced and intelligent (sometimes). Those are both attractive qualities (to me anyway).

I guess it's a stupid Hollywood thing and their refusal to cast middle aged women in anything that isn't specifically about being a middle aged woman.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 1st November 2015, 4:17 PM GMT

Here's one of the tracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YZ60mQA4Q8&list=PLyd5aA-8Hhlut6LzxJB1UmZVR0hjpQsrF&index=117

Enjoyed that. Thanks!

Just listening to this guy now who also writes film scores. More traditional than JC, but pretty nice.

Ludovico Einaudi - Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9NM-yK1C2I

Vic reeves big night out

It's astonishing how different Vic looks now to how he did back then

Like two completely different people !

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th November 2015, 1:51 PM GMT

Vic reeves big night out

It's astonishing how different Vic looks now to how he did back then

Like two completely different people !

That surprises me. Not that I've checked.

See if you can recognise who this is? (He's still on telly a lot, so you've probably seen him anyway, but if you haven't, it might be more tricky.)

Ron Weasley's dad.

That is Mark Williams.

Quote: zooo @ 7th November 2015, 2:25 PM GMT

Ron Weasley's dad.

Yup!

Quote: G180e @ 7th November 2015, 3:26 PM GMT

That is Mark Williams.

Correct!

Actually, maybe he hasn't changed that much after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-z5T8meC84

He looks a tiny bit like a Rowland Rivron hybrid.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 1st November 2015, 11:29 PM GMT

Maybe.

I don't get it. There's nothing wrong with being a woman over 40 and having a few lines on your face. You're supposed to have them. It can give the effect of looking more experienced and intelligent (sometimes).

Hopefully not only if you are over 40. I'm a fair bit younger than that and already have a few lines.

Well shucks

I'm fixin ta watch me some of that there Beverly Hillbillies on that there DVD

Yup

The last episode from the second series of Skins. Have re watched both series one and two this week. First time in awhile - enjoyed rewatching but I'm probably a bit too old for it now and if it was my first time viewing I think I would have pressed stop.

I can't remember how many series I watched. Loved the first. Pretty sure I watched the second. But at some point either it got shit or I got too old.

Quote: zooo @ 4th December 2015, 2:16 PM GMT

I can't remember how many series I watched. Loved the first. Pretty sure I watched the second. But at some point either it got shit or I got too old.

A bit of both I think. I saw the first two series together. I would have been about 20/21.
Not that my teenage life was anything like the characters but I guess that age was still close enough for me to relate to. I watched the 3rd and 4th but I was getting older by then and it seemed to get more ridiculous. I tried with the 5th but got about three episodes in before giving up. I did watch the specials/mini series they did a few years ago and enjoyed that.

Anyway the DVD finished so I am now watching Filthy Rich and Catflap. I'm not sure I was born when it was made and I don't understand a lot of the references but still enjoy it.