What DVD are you watching? Page 27

Aye but old Alf was a reet fookin c**t

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th April 2016, 11:13 PM BST

Had an evening of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" from my box sets. Remember these well from the late 50s early 60s - 25 minute stories with a twist. Excellent!

They were scary but compulsive viewing. The most memorable one was Final Escape with the woman in prison from 1985 which I think was a remake of the 1960s episode.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 4th April 2016, 11:24 PM BST

They were scary but compulsive viewing. The most memorable one was Final Escape with the woman in prison from 1985 which I think was a remake of the 1960s episode.

Still got two boxes to go through yet, and so far the only one I remember seeing "live" was the man who was paralysed in a car crash and when he was in hospital they couldn't find any signs of life. He found he could only tap on the side of the bed with one finger but no one could hear him and so they decided to bury him...........I won't go any further than that in case I spoil it for someone. :)

Giving Hitchcock and Dr Finlay a rest for a while and gone back to my sets of Edgar Wallace Mysteries, which I love - B&W and of my period, which I remember seeing at the cinema when they were usually the B feature.

Up to series 3 now and what I find fascinating apart from the good stories is seeing the early 60s fashions and cars.............and the likes of Michael Caine, Bernard Lee, Michael Gough, John Le Mez and the many jobbing actors that appeared later in sitcoms etc.

The one that surprised me though was Trigger's Dad - Charles Lloyd Pack who looks nothing like his son Roger (or vice versa)

The first episode of Adam Adamant Lives.

When it started it was billed by the BBC as the next big thing after Dr Who.

Adam was an Edwardian gentleman who was put into deep freeze and thawed out in the 1960s.

Continuing to watch (also) Dr Finlay's Casebook, and the last episode I watched I espied Timothy's mother from "Sorry!", Barbara Lott. All part of the enjoyment with these early TV progs - spot the star and see if you can name them.

I have just bought 'The Adam and Joe Show' DVD.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2016, 8:32 PM BST

The first episode of Adam Adamant Lives.

When it started it was billed by the BBC as the next big thing after Dr Who.

Adam was an Edwardian gentleman who was put into deep freeze and thawed out in the 1960s.

Watching another episode of this. Big parts for Michael Robbins and Sheila Fearne.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st July 2016, 9:52 PM BST

Watching another episode of this. Big parts for Michael Robbins and Sheila Fearne.

You could just say you like them, no need to get graphic.

Quote: zooo @ 31st July 2016, 11:03 PM BST

You could just say you like them, no need to get graphic.

Rolling eyes

"Treated" myself to an indulgence of "Labyrinth" this afternoon - David Bowie, you couldn't have got anyone better for the part of King of the Goblins.

Bit dated, but most enjoyable and as I switch the DVD off to watch TV, there is the same film on Channel 5................... is David doing that I ask myself. :S

Got to the point where I have so many box-sets bought for me over the years I am now rotating them so they do not get too samey and I lose interest - presently have George & Mildred, Hancock's Half Hour and It 'Aint Half Hot Mum on the go. Lovely. :)

My son lent me his BluRay "Loopers" about 6 months ago and I finally got to watch it ironically, when it was premiered on BBC 2 Sat. night, but I digress..................
..............I like a good time travel film and this was such a film but like most of them you can pick holes in them where you find yourself saying "Yes but, if he did go forward/backward in time then such and such wouldn't have happened and he/she couldn't........................." or whatever.

Yeah I know it's only a bit of escapism and that's fine, but if the plot does work it makes it so much better. The Terminator was a good one for example but then they went and spoilt the time travel thing in the second film, which is OK as both were very good films.

Now if you want to see a very good time travel film that holds the theory I can recommend the Spanish "Los Cronocrímenes" or "Time Crimes" as it was known over here. It is sub-titled but well worth putting up with as it has a good plot that holds up well for the ardent time traveller.

Flash Gordon, the 1934 tv series.

Coincidence, irony or call it what you will but it was weird that the episode of Steptoe I watched tonight (on this night of "celebration") "Any Old Iron" should be about a posh homosexual antiques dealer who takes a shine to Harold and tries to seduce him at his flat.

Odd too seeing old man Steptoe yelling at Harold that the antiques dealer was a poof.