What DVD are you watching? Page 17

Joel Creasey- Stand up DVD.

Quote: reds @ 29th July 2015, 1:20 AM BST

Joel Creasey- Stand up DVD.

<3

Story of Rod Stewart and the Faces.

Currently watching the classic Top of the Pops recording of Maggie May - one of the two most iconic TOTP performanes.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th July 2015, 9:21 PM BST

Story of Rod Stewart and the Faces.

Currently watching the classic Top of the Pops recording of Maggie May - one of the two most iconic TOTP performanes.

What's the other one? Is it 'Cottoneye Joe' by Rednex?

Bowie's Starman

Quote: Chappers @ 31st July 2015, 5:15 PM BST

Bowie's Starman

I much prefer John Carpenter's Starman. But that was never on TOTP.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 31st July 2015, 10:46 PM BST

I much prefer John Carpenter's Starman. But that was never on TOTP.

I used to like Starbar, but it's too sweet for my palate nowadays.

Three days ago I ordered a couple of old straight to video martial arts DVDs starring one of my childhood heroes Rowdy Roddy Piper (he was a wrestler and an actor). This morning I just read that he died a couple of days ago!

It's always strangely upsetting when an icon from your childhood passes away. Even if you've not shown any interest in them for years.

He also starred in the John Carpenter cult classic They Live. I still think this is the best lead performance in a film by a wrestler (admittedly that's not saying much).

"The Remains of the Day" starring two of my favourite thespians, Emma Thompson and Anthony Hopkins.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 2nd August 2015, 11:59 AM BST

He also starred in the John Carpenter cult classic They Live. I still think this is the best lead performance in a film by a wrestler (admittedly that's not saying much).

I've been watching excellent clips of that on YouTube. I can't believe I haven't seen it.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd August 2015, 12:25 PM BST

I've been watching excellent clips of that on YouTube. I can't believe I haven't seen it.

I love it. It's a great Reagan era social satire (but still very much relevant today) dressed up as a sci fi action film. Piper wasn't a great actor, but he's about 90% charisma and the part was written specifically for him so he's really good in this.

He plays a homeless drifter working as a labourer. Piper was a homeless drifter working as a labourer before he found wrestling. Although as far as I'm aware he never uncovered an alien conspiracy in real life.

More Bad News

Quote: reds @ 2nd August 2015, 1:30 PM BST

More Bad News

Class

Just watched the third and final disc/series of "Queenie's Castle" and can see why it didn't go any further as most were dire.

Better in series One and Two, but this left a lot to be desired.

Also noticed a continuity error in the titles when Queenie crossed the zebra crossing, one of the cars was a Ford Corsair, but the next shot as she left the crossing it had changed into an early model of a Ford Capri.

Summat and Nuttin'.

Starting to watch the 1960s TV series Lost in Space. The special effects are unbelievable! :O