What DVD are you watching? Page 19

I was watching the two disc Blu-Ray version of 'The Wicker Man' last night which included the Director's cut. According to both IMDB and Wikipedia, Britt Ekland was dubbed throughout and due to her pregnancy, a body double was used during the rear views of the nude scenes. So, here's the thing, I know that she was a gorgeous Swedish actress and a huge 'name', but surely another performer could have played the part in its entirety?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 21st September 2015, 11:07 AM BST

I was watching the two disc Blu-Ray version of 'The Wicker Man' last night which included the Director's cut. According to both IMDB and Wikipedia, Britt Ekland was dubbed throughout and due to her pregnancy, a body double was used during the rear views of the nude scenes. So, here's the thing, I know that she was a gorgeous Swedish actress and a huge 'name', but surely another performer could have played the part in its entirety?

I thought the naked part was added without Ekland's knowledge.

In terms of replacing her in a film, Swedish, blonde, good body, hmmmmmm....I've got it!

I HAVE THE POWER!

On a separate note, I'm currently watching 'Tai-Chi Master' starring Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh (who I'm in love with)

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 21st September 2015, 11:20 PM BST

I thought the naked part was added without Ekland's knowledge.

In terms of replacing her in a film, Swedish, blonde, good body, hmmmmmm....I've got it!

I HAVE THE POWER!

On a separate note, I'm currently watching 'Tai-Chi Master' starring Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh (who I'm in love with)

Is that your passport photograph Doug?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 22nd September 2015, 7:00 PM BST

Is that your passport photograph Doug?

I never get through the metal detector!

On the plus side, at least I'm the most powerful man in the Universe.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 22nd September 2015, 11:24 PM BST

I never get through the metal detector!

On the plus side, at least I'm the most powerful man in the Universe.

Can I be Teela to your He-Man? Actually, scratch that, I want to be Evil Lyn.

I am watching X + Y at the moment. It's dragging somewhat. It'd be nice to see a film about Asperger Syndrome where the central character wasn't a maths genius.

Watching Transformers: Age of Extinction. I like films about the wild: http://lodozo.com/files/images/Optimus-Prime-on-Dinobot-lodozo.com.jpg :) Although this is not the best part of all.

I am watching Gilliam's 'Jabberwocky' for what seems the trillionth time.. never get tired of its charm..

Planet of the apes - original TV series

Very meh...

And ALL the humans can talk

Wth

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th October 2015, 1:09 PM BST

Planet of the apes - original TV series

Very meh...

And ALL the humans can talk

Wth

In the films it's explained (in Conquest I think) that a virus killed off all the cats and dogs in the world. The Humans then started using Apes as pets, then slaves, then Caesar led an uprising, hence a Planet of the Apes.

Then in the first scene of the first episode of the TV series, there's a dog!

The Horror Channel show the TV 'films' (two episodes spliced together) all the time.

The Young Ones. I wasn't born when it first aired and after many viewings I still don't understand some of it. Not sure if that's because I wasn't around at the time or not but it's still one of my favourite shows.

Quote: reds @ 4th October 2015, 3:48 PM BST

The Young Ones. I wasn't born when it first aired and after many viewings I still don't understand some of it. Not sure if that's because I wasn't around at the time or not but it's still one of my favourite shows.

What is there to understand? They're students.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th October 2015, 9:02 PM BST

What is there to understand? They're students.

Occasional references to real people etc

The office

The training day one

Absolute Classic

"There's been a rape up there!"

Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone. I don't think I've watched it for a few years...however I still remember most of it word for word.

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th October 2015, 2:54 PM BST

The office

The training day one

Absolute Classic

"There's been a rape up there!"

That is an absolutely brilliant episode especially the chicken/farmer/river conundrum. It pretty much symbolises much of the training I've received over the years.