What DVD are you watching? Page 15

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th June 2015, 7:55 PM BST

Ditto - gave up many years ago having got fed up of being surrounded by idiots.

Then stop taking your family with you Smarmy

I happened to have a rare week day off so I went on my own on a friday afternoon to watch a film that has already been out for a few weeks. Only four other people in there.

My major gripe with the cinema is the price.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 13th June 2015, 7:31 PM BST

Then stop taking your family with you Smarmy

>_< Ooh, Doug you said you would keep that a secret when I told you I came from a line of congenital idiots.

I just watched a DVD of a slightly obscure but fairly recent american martial arts film called Broken Fist (or Broken Path). There's only about 8 people in the whole film. It was made by the stunt team that used to work on Power Rangers years ago.

Not a great film, but the fights were all choreographed and performed really well. No stunt doubles needed (because everyone in it is a stunt person). The action was filmed properly. The camera was far enough away to see whats going on, long takes, most importantly, no camera shaking (I hate shaky cam!).

So.............finished watching "Inception". Er, is there anyone out there seen it and made head or tails of it? :S :S :S :S

Understand it is entering someone else's dreams, but when it got to dreams within dreams it lost me. Background music didn't help either. YET AGAIN!! Angry

Seriously though, did anybody fully understand what was going on and what the point was in conclusion.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th June 2015, 10:21 PM BST

So.............finished watching "Inception". Er, is there anyone out there seen it and made head or tails of it? :S :S :S :S

Understand it is entering someone else's dreams, but when it got to dreams within dreams it lost me. Background music didn't help either. YET AGAIN!! Angry

Seriously though, did anybody fully understand what was going on and what the point was in conclusion.

Sadly, a lot of people (including film critics) concluded that it was so cleverly written that they just weren't intelligent enough to fully follow what was going on.

However, I think the reason you didn't understand it is because it's full of plot holes. It betrays it's own inner logic multiple times throughout the film.

Visually it's great, but other than that it's a big, stupid, long winded, badly acted film that's irritatingly overrated (IMO of course).

Thank you Doug, at least I know now that I haven't got the first signs of dementia.

I think you summed it up very well. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th June 2015, 4:35 PM BST

Thank you Doug, at least I know now that I haven't got the first signs of dementia.

I think you summed it up very well. :)

I think Christopher Nolan is a great writer/director when working with smaller budgets and more constants. The more money and control he has over his films, the more self indulgent and full of errors it becomes.

Film, budget and my opinion:

Following $0.24 million - Neat stylish thriller
Memento $5 million - Intelligent effective very original psychological thriller
Insomnia $46 million - A little too similar to the Norwegian original, but still very effective
Batman Begins $150 million - A few minor issues (Batman's voice, forgettable villains) but a sophisticated dark comic book actioner
The Prestige $40 million - very enjoyable stylish thriller (but the plot twist is far too easy to spot)
The Dark Knight $185 million - Too long, looks like it's set in a completely different city to the first one, too long, pointless underused villain (Two Face), too long, but great performances all round
Inception $160 million - Looks great, too long, plot holes, too long, forgettable performances, too long, doesn't make sense
The Dark Knight Rises - $230 million - a massive steaming pile of shit. Nothing works in this film, nothing
Interstellar $165 million - Can't really comment as I haven't seen it and have no desire to ever watch it

Every single film has made an absolute massive profit so what the hell do I know.

Ross Noble - 'Things'

STOP COMBING YOUR HAIR BEHIND YOUR EARS YOU FAT, SCRUFFY, HIPPY BASTARD

Started watching 'Hello Ladies'. I don't have Sky Atlantic or netflix or any of those things so this is the first opportunity to see it. Only seen the pilot so far but quite liked it.

Just watched Friday Foster. A fun, slightly tame blaxplotation film. Not as good as Coffy or Foxy Brown but it still stars Pam Grier which automatically makes it awesome (to me anyway).

Just watched Terminator 3 that I bought a few years back for £2 from Asda, quite enjoyable after the debacle of Inception.

I've 'gone retro' and have started to re watch Babylon 5 from the beginning...

"No one there is exactly who he seems..."

Kukkona Tunkiolla which I bought in Finland for 99c.

Really defeats the object as it's probably a direct translation when it should be the phonetic alphabet.

I did get worried when it only gave options Dansk, Norse, Suomi or Sverige but luckily that was just the sub titles which I've managed to turn off and it is the original English.

Jasper carrott- back to the front

Oh by the way. I didn't translate it did I.

Alpha Papa.