Plebs - Series 1 Page 2

Quote: David Smith @ March 26 2013, 8:43 PM GMT

Yeah.

I'll have a look tomorrow night. ;)

Good.

I really enjoyed this, both episodes were really strong, the sepia touch didn't bother me at all, neither did the fact the women look like they work behind the Estée Lauder counter. It is definitely going on series link!

the inbertweeners do rome. shit me thinks.

The inbertweeners are horrible and just not funny.

Quote: mushy peas @ March 30 2013, 6:50 PM GMT

the inbertweeners

Quote: David Smith @ March 30 2013, 7:04 PM GMT

The inbertweeners

Oops.

Can we all remember to use capital letters please! As per the message board rules. https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/terms_of_use/

Thought the opening two episodes were very likable, and each made me laugh several times.

I see that not only is Tom Basden very funny in this, but he co-wrote too. Big fan of 'Party'.

I watched two episodes a couple of days ago. Not overwhelmed by the programme at all. It's written okay, I suppose, but most of the jokes are predictable at best and copied at worst.

It is The Inbetweeners meets Frankie Howerd's Up Pompeii!, and the characters are clearly rip-offs of both shows and more. Ryan Sampson's Grumio is a blatant cross between Baldrick from Blackadder and Adam Gillen's portrayal of Liam in Benidorm.

In fact, the gags and storyline are so much like The Inbetweeners that I had to check to see if the scriptwriter was the same.

I felt that it would be disappointing - like so many British sitcoms are today - and, unfortunately, my suspicions weren't disappointed. Overall unoriginal and unfunny.

Won't bother watching again.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 26 2013, 12:13 AM GMT
Joel Fry, Tom Rosenthal, Ryan Sampson.

Bit shit wasn't it?

Thoughts?

Agree :(

It does seem to me that after the success of The Inbetweeners every sitcom produced has to be some kind of copy of that same humour.

I want to like this because of the setting and I am hoping that it grows on me but deep down I know I can't be bothered to go out of my way to watch this.

The lead roles need to make the parts their own but the slave character seems to be doing an impression of Craig Cash from The Royle Family and the other guy wearing Richard Ayoade's hair is impersonating David Walliams's voice as his Lou character.