What are you watching on TV? Page 2,057

Quote: zooo @ 27th November 2015, 10:16 PM GMT

<3
Sadly he hasn't been on much yet.

Yes, but he spotted the one monkey looking at the other's arse! Well done! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

:D

Dad's Army

...the one with the Italian POWs.

I'll be watching that when I have finished here. :)

HHH - the train journey

"He's a doctor you know"

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th November 2015, 11:58 AM GMT

HHH - the train journey

"He's a doctor you know"

Love that episode! "Where's Giggleswick?"

Good ep.

Almost spoilt by the utter prat in the audience going "WA AH AHH" every time something funny happens

Wtf

Enjoyed the second episode of Capital - a shame there's only one more. Anyone read the book it's adapted from?

Wondering whether to continue with London Spy - quite enjoyed the first ep, but wasn't totally drawn in. Have recorded the rest. Any opinions on it? Should I carry on watching it?

Guy Martin: Last Flight of the Vulcan Bomber - that I had recorded. Awesome! Riveting! If you are interested in jet aeroplanes you must watch this.

Not just about this last one and its last flight, but also archive film of day that a squadron of them were each armed with a nuclear bomb (that the Vulcan was primarily designed for) after the Bay of Pigs and also the part they played in The Falklands in the early 80s.

One thing that made me laugh was that the journey to The Falklands was so long that the planes had to be refuelled in flight 7 times!! And with that plane it was not an easy thing to do - as Guy was told, when lining up the probe trailing behind the refuel plane, that it "was like trying to shove a piece of spaghetti up a cat's arse" Laughing out loud

Catch up:-

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-martin-last-flight-of-the-vulcan-bomber/on-demand/62996-001

Quote: George Kaplan @ 3rd December 2015, 12:03 AM GMT

Wondering whether to continue with London Spy - quite enjoyed the first ep, but wasn't totally drawn in. Have recorded the rest. Any opinions on it? Should I carry on watching it?

Yes, definitely! Haven't caught Monday's episode myself yet but parts 2 and 3 were excellent (the former has an appearance from Charlotte Rampling, which should be enough incentive for anyone to watch it, as far as I'm concerned!).

BBC4 are doing the history of Music Hall tonight with Frank Skinner:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/48/what-a-performance

Quote: radiat10n @ 3rd December 2015, 5:04 PM GMT

Yes, definitely! Haven't caught Monday's episode myself yet but parts 2 and 3 were excellent (the former has an appearance from Charlotte Rampling, which should be enough incentive for anyone to watch it, as far as I'm concerned!).

Okay. Thanks!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd December 2015, 6:03 PM GMT

BBC4 are doing the history of Music Hall tonight with Frank Skinner:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/48/what-a-performance

Yes! Looks good and have it set on my digi-box.

Really enjoying season 2 of Fargo at the moment. Easily one of the 2015's best shows.

Quote: chipolata @ 14th November 2015, 10:54 AM GMT

The second series of The Returned. It's very atmospheric but also unfocussed and confusing. SAs with Utopia, it's a real disappointment after series one (and I'm guessing the reason it was bounced into a later time slot by More4). Still wouldn't mind a third series, though.

Now I come to think of it I could probably do without a third series. It all ended last night and seemed to have run it's course. Atmospheric and baffling to the last, it needs to be buried now.

Raaazhhhh fecking snooker screwing up the scheduling of QIXL.