What are you watching on TV? Page 2,059

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 15th December 2015, 9:30 PM GMT

That 'Back In Time For Christmas' is on *every* night this week. My husband has recorded every episode.

The 70s/80s/90s one today is quite fun. But the 40s/50s/60s one was a bit depressing. Although was probably more fun for people who remember such very, very olden times.

Quote: zooo @ 15th December 2015, 9:41 PM GMT

The 70s/80s/90s one today is quite fun. But the 40s/50s/60s one was a bit depressing. Although was probably more fun for people who remember such very, very olden times.

The whingey mother used to vex me in the original series. According to Mumsnet TV chat, she's cheered up Errr

Ha yes, she has slightly. I think she was always more grumpy in the older ones. Which is understandable from all the bloody housework she had to do.

Quote: zooo @ 15th December 2015, 9:52 PM GMT

Ha yes, she has slightly. I think she was always more grumpy in the older ones. Which is understandable from all the bloody housework she had to do.

Fair enough - I'd hate scrubbing the kitchen floor too.

On the BBC2 Strictly programme what is on McGuiness's T-shirt that the BBC felt it necessary to blur it out?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th December 2015, 6:34 PM GMT

On the BBC2 Strictly programme what is on McGuiness's T-shirt that the BBC felt it necessary to blur it out?

That's the BBC for you, no bollocking reason apart from advertising; BUT I have seen a couple of times on things like Bargain Hunt where they blur out the name on the auction house person's top yet in the background is the company name writ large, apart from which Tim, for eg., would say where he was and you see the auction house from the front with their name up in lights.

F**king crazy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th December 2015, 7:18 PM GMT

That's the BBC for you, no bollocking reason apart from advertising; BUT I have seen a couple of times on things like Bargain Hunt where they blur out the name on the auction house person's top yet in the background is the company name writ large, apart from which Tim, for eg., would say where he was and you see the auction house from the front with their name up in lights.

F**king crazy.

So why don't they do the same with Match of the Day with all the football teams sponsors?

Quote: zooo @ 15th December 2015, 9:41 PM GMT

Oi! What was depressing about the 60s - we had some bloody good times back then and I have fond memories of the 50s when sanity reigned in this country, and I think they painted the 40s one blacker than I imagine it was.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th December 2015, 12:14 AM GMT

So why don't they do the same with Match of the Day with all the football teams sponsors?

Laughing out loud Imagine some poor twat having to blur out all that going on - speaking of which I've noticed another trend (which I think started in the States - f**king typical of us following like a load of baa lambs Angry ), and that is to blur out any television screen that is in view with recorded interviews in people's homes.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th December 2015, 5:08 AM GMT

Oi! What was depressing about the 60s - we had some bloody good times back then and I have fond memories of the 50s when sanity reigned in this country, and I think they painted the 40s one blacker than I imagine it was.

Hee. I will allow that the 60s one was much less bleak than the other two.

Even though I was a kid in the 80s and 90s, the 70s one had loads of stuff I remember. (Obviously people don't redecorate on the dot of the decade changing over, so I guess there was plenty of stuff in my house that was from the 70s.) We definitely had one of those spindly silver Christmas trees as the secondary tree.

Less bleak!? It wasn't bleak at all!! We took the world by storm then and England was the centre of the universe - my daughter says she would love to have been there. Cool

No internet. :(

How can you miss something that you don't know what it is. Besides, we had the new permissive society and most people were up for it. :P

Dolly birds, mini-skirts..........oh dear, I've come over all faint.

Yeah, but also much of society was still rampantly homophobic, racist and sexist.

The music would have been fun, but the rest I could certainly do without!

Quote: zooo @ 17th December 2015, 11:14 AM GMT

Yeah, but also much of society was still rampantly homophobic, racist and sexist.

Not in my clique. I think you have watched too many biased documentaries. People who weren't there and so they knock it.