What are you watching on TV? Page 2,063

20 times!? That's like interviewers saying on TV to celebs "I've read your book at least a 100 times" - oh yeah.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st December 2015, 7:13 AM GMT

20 times!? That's like interviewers saying on TV to celebs "I've read your book at least a 100 times" - oh yeah.

OK then. Well at least 7.

London to Brighton in 4 minutes side by side - the original 1953 and the "remake" 30 years later that was on BBC4. Fascinating to see the stations that are not there anymore.

Grange Hill and The Golden Age of Childrens' Television; both on BBC4.

Top of the Pops Christmas 1979 special. Some real classics.

Ian Dury, Gary Numan, Elvis Costello, Blondie, Roxy, Buggles, M etc.

Plus that woman who tidies the hospital, Anita Ward.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st December 2015, 10:14 PM GMT

Top of the Pops Christmas 1979 special. Some real classics.

Ian Dury, Gary Numan, Elvis Costello, Blondie, Roxy, Buggles etc.

Plus that woman who tidies the hospital, Anita Ward.

She's a mate of A Neater 'Aris.

I'm recording that.

And BA Robertson singing Bang Bang which featured in the impossible Only Connect earlier this evening.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st December 2015, 10:24 PM GMT

... which featured in the impossible Only Connect earlier this evening.

One of tonight's candidate was named Tozer. A nerdy man called Tozer...what was his nickname at school?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st December 2015, 10:24 PM GMT

And BA Robertson singing Bang Bang which featured in the impossible Only Connect earlier this evening.

I thought that too.

Also: how short is Peter Powell? Maybe David 'Kid' Jenson is a giant?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 21st December 2015, 10:35 PM GMT

One of tonight's candidate was named Tozer. A nerdy man called Tozer...what was his nickname at school?

What about Faye Tozer from Steps? She hasn't stated that she received any adverse teasing at stage school.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 21st December 2015, 10:44 PM GMT

I thought that too.

Also: how short is Peter Powell? Maybe David 'Kid' Jenson is a giant?

What about Faye Tozer from Steps? She hasn't stated that she received any adverse teasing at stage school.

But she's a guuurrrl!

Quote: Chappers @ 21st December 2015, 10:45 PM GMT

But she's a guuurrrl!

Apparently.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 21st December 2015, 9:58 PM GMT

Grange Hill and The Golden Age of Childrens' Television; both on BBC4.

Yes, a mini evening of period progs., which was nice; but does anyone know the reason why?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st December 2015, 11:22 PM GMT

Yes, a mini evening of period progs., which was nice; but does anyone know the reason why?

It was a celebration of classic childrens' TV on the Beeb. My favourite scene in the 1986 series of Grange Hill was the superbly competent breakdancing.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 22nd December 2015, 8:42 AM GMT

It was a celebration of classic childrens' TV on the Beeb. My favourite scene in the 1986 series of Grange Hill was the superbly competent breakdancing.

Hmmm, OK - nice but I wonder where the London to Brighton in 4 minutes film fits in with that.

We're F**king Doomed in a few minutes!