What are you watching on TV? Page 2,064

I like the guy (sorry Herc!) that plays Arthur Lowe.

:O John Sessions! ** Brilliant comedy actor, AND you know that Arthur Lowe would have had a fit if somebody called him that.

** Also was excellent on Whose Line Is It Anyway?

I didn't like Julian Sands as Le Mesurier.

You need to continue or copy and paste this on the We're Doomed! thread that I have posted my review of it on.

The third and final episode of What A Performance! with Frank Skinner and Suzy Klein, where they look at the last of variety before television killed it dead and resurrect some of the acts.

Hope oldrocker was watching as Frank did Max Miller, singing the song of marrying a fan dancer, but it was called off when she fell down and broke her fan. Laughing out loud Very near the knuckle stuff for the post war watchdogs.

Has been for me an enjoyable series in which Frank and Suzy had a chance to air their many talents and pay homage to some of the music hall/variety greats.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st December 2015, 11:22 PM GMT

Yes, a mini evening of period progs., which was nice; but does anyone know the reason why?

Because it's cheap.

I just watched Grange Hill. I saw that Zammo episode when I was little and remember it as being mega disturbing, but it was barely anything!

I really wish they'd repeat all the old series, though. They're brilliant.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd December 2015, 11:34 PM GMT

Because it's cheap.

Then I wish they would do a lot more from their vast archive, which we have paid for. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd December 2015, 10:21 AM GMT

The third and final episode of What A Performance! with Frank Skinner and Suzy Klein, where they look at the last of variety before television killed it dead and resurrect some of the acts.

Hope oldrocker was watching as Frank did Max Miller, singing the song of marrying a fan dancer, but it was called off when she fell down and broke her fan. Laughing out loud Very near the knuckle stuff for the post war watchdogs.

Has been for me an enjoyable series in which Frank and Suzy had a chance to air their many talents and pay homage to some of the music hall/variety greats.

Damn, missed the whole thing. I'll try and catch it on the iPlayer. I guess this was a BBC4 series?

Quote: zooo @ 23rd December 2015, 11:40 PM GMT

I just watched Grange Hill. I saw that Zammo episode when I was little and remember it as being mega disturbing, but it was barely anything!

I really wish they'd repeat all the old series, though. They're brilliant.

I saw the documentary afterwards about the 'golden age' of children's telly on the BBC. It stopped at 1984, right at the point when I was a child! Very frustrating.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 24th December 2015, 2:18 PM GMT

I saw the documentary afterwards about the 'golden age' of children's telly on the BBC. It stopped at 1984, right at the point when I was a child! Very frustrating.

Oh no! I didn't watch that.
To me the golden age is definitely the 80s (and start of 90s).

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 24th December 2015, 2:18 PM GMT

Damn, missed the whole thing. I'll try and catch it on the iPlayer. I guess this was a BBC4 series?

Yes, and I think you will enjoy. :)

Quote: zooo @ 24th December 2015, 2:33 PM GMT

Oh no! I didn't watch that.
To me the golden age is definitely the 80s (and start of 90s).

I was born in 1981 so I agree with you. But let's face it, the golden age is basically whatever time you were a child.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th December 2015, 2:38 PM GMT

Yes, and I think you will enjoy. :)

Thanks Herc, I'll take a look over the weekend.

Still Open All Hours

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th December 2015, 8:00 PM GMT

Still Open All Hours

And? :S

Now going to watch the second episode of And Then There Were None - very well done from what I have seen so far. The period reconstruction of art deco is stunning.

Caught the tail end of the Porridge Christmas special - classic!

After McKay and Barraclough had dispersed the choir (covering up the noise of the tunnel being dug) and McKay goes to write down his suspicions, only to find that not only has his pen been nicked but his wallet too, and Barraclough says something along the lines of "Well, we've only been here at matter of minutes" and as he checks, he finds his wrist watch had also gone from his person.

And at the end, when Fletcher finally gets where he wants to be, in the medical wing, his explanation to McKay's query as to how they disposed of all the soil they had dug out of the tunnel.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud