What are you watching on TV? Page 2,043

The Avengers. An RAF jet just crashed in a ball of flames after overshooting the runway.

My wife insisted I record "Les Miz" that was on Channel 4 on Sunday(?), which we watched in bits and the last bit tonight.

Story was not what I thought it was and was a bit weird watching Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe giving it large with their singing.

Definitely not my sort of film, but the story was good. Quite enjoyable.

Not quite TV but it works for me:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/videos/9773/ken_loachs_star_wars/ Laughing out loud

Coincidentally just watched the Family Guy version.

Russell Howard...I'm that desperate.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th August 2015, 9:31 PM BST

WHY??? :O :O :O

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th August 2015, 9:31 PM BST

I know what you mean. Sometimes Russell is the best thing on TV.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th August 2015, 8:24 PM BST

I know what you mean. Sometimes Russell is the best thing on TV.

You could always turn it off and read a book, rather than suffer that knob-jockey.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th August 2015, 11:13 PM BST

You could always turn it off and read a book, rather than suffer that knob-jockey.

A book?

Wot ees "book"?

Do you two not know nuffink?

I remember many years ago at the school where I used to work, in the library they had a cartoon of a kid, having been given a book as a present, was trying to push it the slot and play it in a VHS tape machine.

Spent many years searching for a copy of a film I remember going to see at the cinema in the mid 60s without any luck and then by chance found it on YouTube, which I didn't think for one minute would have the complete two parts................but did.

So, downloaded it and burnt to disc and watched it in bits over the last week, and it was the German film "Die Nibelungen", which came in two parts (Siegfried and Kriemhilds Rache) although I don't remember seeing it thus at the cinema.

Based on a German poem/legend I believe and at 3 hours long it went surprisingly quickly, my only criticism being that appeared to have been filmed in 8mm, then transferred to VHS tape and then digitally remastered, which meant not only was it slightly out of focus but very contrasty and where there was no dialogue there was a background "rush" - I remember it was like this at the cinema too!

Good story if you ever get a chance to see it (and don't mind sub-titles or laughable dragon!) and the second part (Teil 2) - "Kriemhilds Rache" starred Herbert Lom King of the Huns.

Here's the link if you want to download it, and don't forget to download both:-

Die Nibelungen, Teil 1 - Siegfried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFX_pgEVek

Die Nibelungen, Teil 2 - Kriemhilds Rache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocvO84Q9wyY

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th August 2015, 9:45 AM BST

Do you two not know nuffink?

I remember many years ago at the school where I used to work, in the library they had a cartoon of a kid, having been given a book as a present, was trying to push it the slot and play it in a VHS tape machine.

That reminds me of me going into a car park the other day. Pressed the button on the machine and was advised 'Take Ticket'. I then spent the next 10 hours feeling all over the machine for a slot where the ticket might come from. Meanwhile, of course, a growing queue behind me. Finally I spotted a yellow thing and realised they'd changed from tickets to plastic tokens! Grrr.

I agree...Heroes is a great show.

The Last Detective based on the Leslie Thomas Dangerous Davies books.