What are you watching on TV? Page 2,038

Quote: Chappers @ 19th July 2015, 9:40 PM BST

Who called it a Beatles song? Chuck because they covered it?

Yes, and I think the Beatles version was more popular in the UK than his own. So, he couldn't resist a little bit of sarcasm. He really was (and maybe still is) a charismatic and witty performer.

Anyone watch the brain injury prog on BBC3 at 9 this eve?

Goodnight Sweetheart.

Quote: Loopey @ 21st July 2015, 10:31 PM BST

Anyone watch the brain injury prog on BBC3 at 9 this eve?

Sorry - no!

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd July 2015, 7:26 PM BST

Goodnight Sweetheart.

I started watching my boxset yesterday.

A young Geoffrey Whitehead in the Avengers.

I never realised he was young.

The casts in this show are really a who's who of British actors from the last 50 years.

Also John Laurie - but he was old then.

How To Be A Lady: An Elegant History on BBC 4. Yeee-ha!!! I like the presenter...Rachel Johnson.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd July 2015, 8:18 PM BST

How To Be A Lady: An Elegant History on BBC 4. Yeee-ha!!! I like the presenter...Rachel Johnson.

But do you like her brother?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd July 2015, 8:26 PM BST

But do you like her brother?

Just Googled her...I can't believe she's related to that weirdo.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd July 2015, 8:30 PM BST

Just Googled her...I can't believe she's related to that weirdo.

Ha ha! They look the spit of each other - but weirdly she is quite attractive.

Film 'The New World'. It has Christopher Plummer which is all I need to ressurect my teenage Captain von Trap fantasies. Laughing out loud

That new (For TV) Agatha Christie thing with David Walliams in it.

Partners in Crime.

Watched the last ep. of Joanna Lumley's trip across Siberia, which was very interesting if somewhat too brief to take in some of the wonders; but she is a very good presenter and has a nice touch in comedic comments.

This was a bit of an eye opener:-

Lake Baikal

The deepest lake in the world is Lake Baikal in Siberia. Its deepest point is 1637 meters. It holds 20% of the world's fresh surface water and is the world's largest freshwater lake by volume.

But she said it was a mile deep (OK,1609metres) and held 5% of the world's freshwater, so take yer pick.

Whatever, that is effin' deep and a hell of lot of water!

The Genius of David Bowie that I'd recorded from last week - excellent!

Just been watching the BBC orchestra playing Mars from the Holst Planet Suite on BBC4 from the Albert Hall...........

Ooooo, get me.

Starting to watch a programme about the Duke of Edinburgh. My blood's boiling already. And who on earth thinks he was handsome? He was bland.