What are you watching on TV? Page 1,958

I luuuuurve Demolition Man.

Quote: Lee @ 30th June 2014, 12:16 AM BST

Sandra Bullock shouldn't be a film star. But at the same time I really like her and totally think she should be! Like, what is she? How do you describe her, how do you fit her in a box? You can't, she's unique! She's the Bullocks!

Quote: zooo @ 30th June 2014, 12:24 AM BST

How do you mean?
She seems really funny. And quite clever. Do you mean she looks a bit more normal/girl next door than some actresses? (Although that's by Hollywood standards. She's still beautiful compared to real people.)

I find it kind of interesting when people/the media go on about how someone shouldn't be something or it is great that they are in that position despite their looks, colour of their skin etc. I think if you continue to bring up the point that someone looks a bit different or acts a bit different to others who do a similar thing, it sort of reinforces the stereotype or ideal that they shouldn't really be doing it.

Yup, you're right. It's too easy to find yourself perpetuating it.

Half time of the football they showed some of the Autumn TV schedule.

THE BLOODY SUMMER HAS BARELY STARTED!!!!!

Quote: reds @ 30th June 2014, 2:08 PM BST

I find it kind of interesting when people/the media go on about how someone shouldn't be something or it is great that they are in that position despite their looks, colour of their skin etc. I think if you continue to bring up the point that someone looks a bit different or acts a bit different to others who do a similar thing, it sort of reinforces the stereotype or ideal that they shouldn't really be doing it.

I wasn't saying anything against her, I really do like her, she's very likable and kinda cute in a dorky kind of way. Her acting skills are fine and she seems like a decent person.

All I can be accused of is bad phrasing. I know you were speaking generally though and I also agree with you.

You bad Phracist

I am on a phregister.

I am currently watching Catch 22 on DVD.

Just finished my video and saw the lovely Pauline Matthews on Celebrity Masterchef. That's Kiki Dee to you. Recognised her immediately. She doesn't look any different.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd July 2014, 8:19 PM BST

I am currently watching Catch 22 on DVD.

And this was great. Lots of laugh out loud moments, lots of bleak humour. A great film still which I probably haven't watched in over 20 years.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd July 2014, 10:04 PM BST

And this was great. Lots of laugh out loud moments, lots of bleak humour. A great film still which I probably haven't watched in over 20 years.

I'm not sure I've ever watched it all the way through, but I probably should. Loved the book.

a program on life in Windsor castle, so far no human sacrifices

which I think is sinister

Blade 2.
Poor Scud.

Loathsome, starey-eyed Ed Balls on Newsnight.

Just watched 15 minutes of True Detective. Found it really boring so switched it off. I know everyone loves it, but... no.

Otway the Movie - Headbutts with Wild Willy smashing Otway's head into the microphone and drawing blood.