Jimmy Savile Page 44

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 20 2012, 8:51 PM BST

Sounds great in theory - in practice, this doesn't happen, especially when the kids are aged 3 to 7, plus the fact that they live on a council estate, whose residents are usually treated as second class citizens by the majority of Police Officers. That's my empirical experience.

To reiterate: apart from witnesses' anecdotal evidence, there is video evidence of this bloke masturbating at a bus stop at midday in full daylight. It's been in the public domain for several months. The Police are aware of the evidence, but absolutely nothing has been done. I can't help thinking that if this were to have taken place in Whitehall, Mayfair or Kensington and Chelsea things would have been different.. but it didn't. It took place in a south coast council estate area and the local Police couldn't care less.

Yes agree the ages of the kids may be just too young for the police to want to take further but I'm not sure where you live is a factor, and if it is then the local MP should be contacted to enlist some pressure and support.

A bloke masturbating in broad daylight in public sounds like someone with mental health problems, so his actions are not just a nuisance but potentially, if left unchecked this guy could do some serious harm, he's giving all the clues in advance.

Curiously a mate of mine was persecuted by the police as a suspected paedophile despite there being no evidence against him at all other than him being a bit odd; the judge threw the prosecution out as no case to answer. What had happened was that going about his business he had unknowingly blundered into a hugely resource intensive and entirely unsuccessful honeytrap operation, and the police desperately needed to get a conviction to justify the enormous expense. Despite seizing his computer under legislation intended to combat terrorism, they had been unable to find anything incriminating. (The whole case rested on one image of a teenage girl which the judge described as "immodest but not indecent".)

It seems to me that there is possibly something wrong with how the police prioritise the use of resources.

:O

Quote: Shandonbelle @ October 20 2012, 9:02 PM BST

.. but I'm not sure where you live is a factor..

Empirical experience has shown me that there is a definite postcode lottery as regards levels of Police protection and how diligently they deal with complaints.

..and if it is then the local MP should be contacted to enlist some pressure and support.

It shouldn't be the case that such action is needed: the local Council and Police should do their jobs properly and fairly, with equality across social boundaries - but in practice, this just does not happen.

A bloke masturbating in broad daylight in public sounds like someone with mental health problems, so his actions are not just a nuisance but potentially, if left unchecked this guy could do some serious harm, he's giving all the clues in advance.

It's patently obvious to you and it's patently obvious to me: to the authorities? Nothing is done.

I was walking home from work recently and this little lad was stood outside his gate grinning at me as I walked towards him

As I got level with him he went hey!!! and held his hand up for a high five with a big cheeky grin on his face

So I heyd back and high fived him back and carried on my way

Literally seconds later I was debating with myself should I have done that? What if his dad had seen me? What if he started yelling at me and accusing me of stuff?

And I thought if I walk this way again I better ignore him if he says anything again

How sad is that?

What a flippin world we live in

Must be complicated being a bloke at the moment. That's one thing women don't have to worry as much about.

Quote: lofthouse @ October 20 2012, 9:18 PM BST

I was walking home from work recently and this little lad was stood outside his gate grinning at me as I walked towards him

As I got level with him he went hey!!! and held his hand up for a high five with a big cheeky grin on his face

So I heyd back and high fived him back and carried on my way

Literally seconds later I was debating with myself should I have done that? What if his dad had seen me? What if he started yelling at me and accusing me of stuff?

And I thought if I walk this way again I better ignore him if he says anything again

How sad is that?

What a flippin world we live in

Kids today. he'd probably just wiped his arse and not washed his hand.

I'm afraid we live in a society where box ticking takes priority over actually doing anything. Everyone has these stories, when I used to run a business years ago, a gang of kids smashed my front window in and gathered outside my shop cheering and kicking my door. I called the police, they never even came. Luckily me and some neighbours chased them off. Two days later I got a letter with a crime number and two days after that they came round. I could have been murdered but they were apparently too busy. I mean what do I pay taxes for if not to be protected, something is very wrong with their priorities.

Quote: zooo @ October 20 2012, 9:21 PM BST

Must be complicated being a bloke at the moment.

Only if you make a habit of high fiving kids in the street.

:D

Quote: Pingl @ October 20 2012, 9:24 PM BST

I'm afraid we live in a society where box ticking takes priority over actually doing anything. Everyone has these stories, when I used to run a business years ago, a gang of kids smashed my front window in and gathered outside my shop cheering and kicking my door. I called the police, they never even came. Luckily me and some neighbours chased them off. Two days later I got a letter with a crime number and two days after that they came round. I could have been murdered but they were apparently too busy. I mean what do I pay taxes for if not to be protected, something is very wrong with their priorities.

I've posted on this before but I'll post again.

Several times I go through a big nexus train station in London. Half a dozen or more police officers and about a dozen CSOs and one police officer with a dog. Herding all the passengers past the dog so it can sniff for drugs. Because being sniffed by a dog is how they do searches without needing to show probable cause.

All those officers off the street for what? Because Mr Big might be wondering through Finsbury park to take 2 kilos of heroin on the tube.

No all these f**king resources, so they can pick up some hapless student with a fraction of an ounce of dope. Give him a criminal record and score some cheap points.

As a previous poster said they want easy targets to get the numbers up and look good on paper. in the real world half the time if you live in a big city you shit yourself at night and never see a cop anywhere. Go to a football match, a concert or the bloody Opera and you can't move for them.

At least once a month about TEN coppers gather at the bus stop near where I work

They spend all day going on and off the buses checkin people have got tickets

Waste of resources?

Understatement of the friggin century

Yeh I've seen that or hanging around bus stops at 6am too check foreign types immigration papers. So some school loses its dinner lady suddenly because Grace got whizzed off for over staying.

Checking bus tickets ffs (actuallY Bozzer Johnson stuck coppers on buses to stop school kids stabbing each other on the way home)

But have things ever been any different? My old man always used to say the same kind of thing about the fifties and sixties, and they were all corrupt then and the gangs ran everything. Oh dear sounds familiar