Jimmy Savile Page 57

It was a dark sacrifice if ever there was one, Childline though now that got the ball moving.

I

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th August 2014, 11:12 PM BST

It's utterly inconceivable he didn't know of Cyril Smith's ring.

Teehee.

Wait the cyborg from Live and Let Die was a nonce as well.

Quote: sootyj @ 16th August 2014, 11:20 PM BST

Wait the cyborg from Live and Let Die was a nonce as well.

And Ferris Buellers head master

and what about God, I mean Adam and Eve were technically his kids and he went berzerk when they put clothes. Condemning them to mortality and death for it.

He should be on the sex offenders register.

Oh great

Now I have to pray for Sootys soul before I go to bed tonight

Again!

Quote: zooo @ 16th August 2014, 11:14 PM BST

Teehee.

Soap and water.

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th August 2014, 11:45 PM BST

Oh great

Now I have to pray for Sootys rsoul before I go to bed tonight

Again!

Is that like a Christmas wish or something?

Angry

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2014, 10:55 PM BST

I'm surprised though that if Lydon did know he didn't say something in a live interview.

I think he says in the clip 'I know things about him we're not allowed to talk about.'

I believe Lydon was banned from live broadcasts for years after the Grundy interview and was obviously told what he couldn't talk about before his non live ones. That clip sounds at least 30 years old maybe more.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th August 2014, 7:20 PM BST

I think he says in the clip 'I know things about him we're not allowed to talk about.'

I believe Lydon was banned from live broadcasts for years after the Grundy interview and was obviously told what he couldn't talk about before his non live ones. That clip sounds at least 30 years old maybe more.

It was supposed to be 1978 and I guess you're right that nobody would allow him live on TV or radio.

Savile findings now pretty shocking. Okay. But what I really don't like is the rabid intensity of the purges on all other celebs because the law, the police, the Beeb and some MPs let one obvious major culprit off the hook. There's something very morally dubious about this. Shouldn't all those above now be investigated for negligence or even collusion?

So they're really going for Sir Cliff are they? If they do they'll have to go for Prince Andrew too, if they don't they'll have to fumigate Scotland Yard and Westminster Palace of the unbearable stench of hypocrisy. Sick

Undoubtedly there are many people who should be held to account for ignoring Savile's behaviour, but I hope you're not suggesting time would be better spent pursuing them and allowing all the other perverts to go free.

I'm not sure how much a crime collusion is?

Certainly most of his crimes were committed before the rules on safe guarding were tightened.

So they were only obeying orders, shitty excuse as that is.

Let's not abandon the rule of law out of a desire for vengance.

Quote: keewik @ 28th February 2015, 8:36 PM GMT

Undoubtedly there are many people who should be held to account for ignoring Savile's behaviour, but I hope you're not suggesting time would be better spent pursuing them and allowing all the other perverts to go free.

Maybe not exactly free, but with cautions for those with credible evidence against and admit some guilt, which is all DLT got anyway but after a hugely costly trial. Insane. The damage to their reputations and careers is still huge enough. To really persue everyone with an allegation against them through the criminal courts will bankrupt the country and take us away from what should be our biggest concern by far, terrorism.

For the vile scum like Glitter where there's decent evidence yes, spend the money and convict, but for some others where the allegations are less than rape and the evidence flimsy, draw a line under it and finally admit that attitudes to sex were different and a lot of it went on and yes, some may have got away with it, that's life.