The general pop/rock - music thread Page 104

:O Must grab a kip!, tired out.No head banging from me, yawn night x

Quote: DaButt @ 5th September 2015, 10:56 PM BST

I fear that you're right. I try to keep up with local shows, but I had no idea they were supposed to play here this week. I have only seen powerful Motörhead shows, so I'd hate to see Lemmy in such a bad state.

Get well, Lemmy!

According to the tour schedule they'll be in Basel in february. Normally this would be a mandadory date to me, but: 1. Who knows if this is going to happen at all, there's a strong possibility of the rest of the tour being cancelled 2. As you said I'm not sure if I want to see Lemmy in that state.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th September 2015, 11:05 PM BST

I think I've got that King Crimson one too - or was that the Construction of Light?

Heavy ConstruKction is a three disc live album.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th September 2015, 11:05 PM BST

Yello the best thing to come out of Switzerland. Got a New Mix on CD after a mate of mine gave me a tape of it years ago. Fantastic compilation - love the music, the feel, the humour.

Can you believe this?: The two CDs I've bought yesterday are my first Yello albums, before that I only had a best of compilation.

A New Mix is a compilation. I've subsequently tried to get the albums from various places.

Have you heard of Roderick Falconer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ggmr4vFZQs

Quote: Chappers @ 6th September 2015, 3:00 PM BST

Have you heard of Roderick Falconer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ggmr4vFZQs

Completely new to me. Relaxed songwriting, the arrangement is pretty complex though. I like it!

Is it Katy Melua singing Black's "Wonderful Life" on that TV advert?

From Facebook:

"ST.LOUIS HERE WE COME!

The wait is over and the Doc has spoken. Lemmy had a lung infection (exacerbated by that Denver altitude) which has now been taken care of. Subsequently, Lemmy's ready to give it a go in St. Louis at The Pageant theater on Tuesday, Sept 9th where Motörhead will continue the 40th Anniversary tour in support of their new album "Bad Magic".

Amidst all the wonderful support Lemmy has received, many have rightfully said he owes us nothing as he has given us everything. We, however, owe Lemmy something...our total respect for his fierce, single-minded and beautifully stubborn determination to continue burning asphalt, playing rock'n'roll and live where he has always been most comfortable - on the road!

Thanks again for all your support and see you soon!"

Just seen some of this on Facebook. Waiting for the whole show on You Tube.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/the-faces-hurtwood-park-polo-club-review/

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 7th September 2015, 2:04 PM BST

That is really clever Gordon.

Did I see Eddie Izzard hiding there?

Woooh heady stuff, but love it x

Got an interesting batch from a charity shop today. All LPs.

Street Life - Crusaders. Always loved the song but never tempted to buy the album even though I'd heard a fair bit of Crusaders before that came out.

Fog on the Tyne - Lindisfarne
A Phenomenon - Jan Akkerman compilation
Live concert - Barbara Thompson's Paraphernalia (Double)
Can't stand noise - Jan Akkerman
My Life in the Bush of Ghosts - Brian Eno & David Byrne

Most unheard by me before except Lindisfarne. They also had about another 4 Akkerman albums but wanted to try these first. I'm sure no-one else will buy them.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th September 2015, 3:39 PM BST

Street Life - Crusaders. Always loved the song but never tempted to buy the album even though I'd heard a fair bit of Crusaders before that came out.

Most unheard by me before except Lindisfarne. They also had about another 4 Akkerman albums but wanted to try these first. I'm sure no-one else will buy them.

Very good stuff. I have Fog On The Tyne and Bush Of Ghosts...and a Crusaders compilation.

I'd like to hear your opinion about the Akkerman compilation. I've never listened to any of his solo stuff but I like Focus.

The Jan Akkerman one is really impressive. I'm tempted to go back and buy all the others.

Very groundbreaking for the time and as I've mentioned elsewhere it reminds me of Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow although it was about 5 or 6 years before.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th September 2015, 3:39 PM BST

That is (nice) weird as when I lived in the north and went big on Lindisfarne in tandem with the Jam and the Clash, I bought that Eno and Byrne album. In fact, I could have bought Tyne and Ghosts on the same day.

The Damned; 40th anniversary and new album!:

http://national.suntimes.com/national-entertainment/7/72/1814621/the-damned-riot-fest

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th September 2015, 4:46 PM BST

The Damned; 40th anniversary and new album!:

http://national.suntimes.com/national-entertainment/7/72/1814621/the-damned-riot-fest

and they're playing the Royal Albert Hall next year.