The general pop/rock - music thread Page 101

I'd like them to do a genuine one off reunion concert, like Led Zeppelin did 6 or 7 years ago.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th August 2015, 9:09 PM BST

I'd like them to do a genuine one off reunion concert, like Led Zeppelin did 6 or 7 years ago.

Well there's only 3 of them left so I think this is the best you'll get.

Listening to a BBM album and with all the RIPs going on lately I started to think of an imaginary line up of people who have somehow actually survived.

Vocal - Shane McGowan
Guitar - Keith Richard
Drums - Ginger Baker
Bass - Lemmy

Can anyone add to that? Or is it tempting fate?

Lemmy looks very ill at the moment. This fictional band might need a new bass player pretty soon.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th August 2015, 8:22 PM BST

Lemmy looks very ill at the moment. This fictional band might need a new bass player pretty soon.

They all look like they're at death's door - but they've all looked like that for about 30 years.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th August 2015, 8:22 PM BST

Check this out! (posted on RYM today)

James Last and his Orch. - Silvermachine / Children Of The Revolution / Schools' Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g503fR3BvVk

Better than you think. Dig that clobber.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 5th August 2015, 9:14 PM BST

Check this out! (posted on RYM today)

James Last and his Orch. - Silvermachine / Children Of The Revolution / Schools' Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g503fR3BvVk

Better than you think. Dig that clobber.

"I can hear muzak..." :D

By the way: RIP James Last

The Who are missing their bass player and drummer, while the Beatles have only a bass player and drummer alive, so I've always thought that they should do an album and/or a few shows together.

The Whotles

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th August 2015, 9:53 PM BST

"I can hear muzak..." :D

By the way: RIP James Last

Oooh...

James Last (also known as "Hansi", born Hans Last)

Never knew he was German.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 5th August 2015, 11:46 PM BST

Oooh...

James Last (also known as "Hansi", born Hans Last)

Never knew he was German.

Laughing out loud

Bought these today:

:Strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb()/discogs-images/R-4503554-1366733645-7826.jpeg.jpg" alt="Image">
Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th August 2015, 11:00 AM BST

Bought these today:

:Strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb()/discogs-images/R-4503554-1366733645-7826.jpeg.jpg" alt="Image">

Curious about the Nicky Hopkins one. Did you spot it in a shop, or deliberately seek it out?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 8th August 2015, 1:50 PM BST

Curious about the Nicky Hopkins one. Did you spot it in a shop, or deliberately seek it out?

I found them both at the local fleamarket and paid 15 francs (less than 10£) for the lot which is quite a bargain because they're both very rare/out of print. I'm especially happy about finding the Hopkins/Cooder/Jagger et al. one because I've been wanting this for years.

As mentioned elsewhere I went to Brighton today and found several second hand record shops including one second hand emporium selling anything you can think of; al individual stalls presumably like Gordon's Flea Markets.

Vinyl I bought includes the aforementioned Widowmaker plus the following.

5 live Kursaals - Kursaal Flyers - which I've got on now.
Concerto for Electric Violin - Darryl Way
Greatest stories live - Harry Chapin
All this and World War II - various 70s artist covering Beatles songs*
Star Collection - The Rascals
Live at the Revolution - the Wild Angels
and NOT pop/rock - Beyond the Fringe Pete and Dud plus Alan Bennett and Jonathan Miller.

Also got some "new" CDs.
F.F.S. (Franz Ferdinand and Sparks)
A Head Rings Out - Blodwyn Pig
Mountain - 5 Original Album Classics box set.

* This includes Keith Moon singing "When I'm 64" which unfortunately he never reached.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th August 2015, 9:30 PM BST

Greatest stories live - Harry Chapin

Classic. Great songs with some fab between (and sometimes during) song banter. 'I never did it TO Nancy, so I guess I'll do it for her' being a personal favourite.

Hmmm, might need me a trip to Brighton, not spotted any second-hand places on my previous visits, but not really been looking for them either.