Yes, Prime Minister to return Page 5

Quote: David Carmon @ January 3 2013, 2:04 PM GMT

Only being on GOLD has already signed its death warrant.

Why?

From the ad I've seen, it looked a bit forced/shit.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ January 4 2013, 2:12 AM GMT

Why?

Because it won't reach a high audience share shoved on GOLD, it doesn't get great viewing figures and most people think it only shows repeats.

Plus many people don't have it.

Quote: Jamey @ March 29 2012, 8:07 PM BST

What's your cut Aaron?

I know saying this will make a few of you cringe but I tend to avoid stuff that too far before my time, I simply don't understand it.

As you said it before and we all cringed.

You're psychic that way...

Quote: Jamey @ March 29 2012, 8:07 PM BST

I simply don't understand it.

No wonder, if you avoid it all the time.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 4 2013, 10:29 AM GMT

From the ad I've seen, it looked a bit forced/shit.

Here here

The ads for this show are utterly dreadful!

In-Depth Episode Synopsis
Warning: the below synopsis may contain spoilers

Jim Hacker's European Conference shows no sign of solving the financial crisis that is threatening his fragile government. But salvation is at hand: Kumranistan is offering Europe a huge loan as an incentive to purchase their newly discovered oil reserves.

What Sir Humphrey does not want Jim to know, however, is that there is a condition: Britain must join the Euro, which is against everything Jim believes in.

Yes PM scenarios always had a basis in reality. That sounds like something a Telegraph reader would write on the back of a fag packet.

I'll stick with Borgen.

Quote: David Carmon @ January 6 2013, 4:06 AM GMT

Because it won't reach a high audience share shoved on GOLD, it doesn't get great viewing figures and most people think it only shows repeats.

Plus many people don't have it.

Of course it's only going to get a fraction of the viewers it would have done on the BBC but how does that sign its death warrant? By that philosophy, any show on a smaller channel is a failure because it would get better ratings on one of the main channels.

If it does well for GOLD's standards/expectations it will be recommissioned and be considered a success.

I wait to see but as Paul Merton conclusively proved with the Hancock scripts you sometimes need the actors and the words to make it happen.

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 8 2013, 11:41 AM GMT

I wait to see but as Paul Merton conclusively proved with the Hancock scripts you sometimes need the actors and the words to make it happen.

It could be very difficult to equal or even better Nigel Hawthorne's performance in the original. (Nice to hear from you, Oldrocker!)

I suspect this'll fall on deaf ears, but you really need to think of this as a revival and refreshing of the show's broader format rather than a fourth series.

Clearly none of the cast will measure up to the defining performances given by Eddington, Hawthorne and Fowlds if you try to draw a direct comparison, but the show's a slightly different beast - very modern setting and context, additional characters, not to mention a single series-long linear story rather than 6 standalone episodes - and more than holds its own.

Quote: Aaron @ January 8 2013, 1:02 PM GMT

I suspect this'll fall on deaf ears, but you really need to think of this as a revival and refreshing of the show's broader format rather than a fourth series.

It'll fall on my deaf ears and blind eyes because I haven't got GOLD. ;)

Only Nazi GOLD!

</genius call back>

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 3 2013, 3:53 PM GMT

Only Nazi GOLD.

Ba bum bum tsch

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 8 2013, 2:56 PM GMT

Only Nazi GOLD!

Dan

Stuttering, are you? ;)

Quote: swerytd @ January 8 2013, 2:56 PM GMT

</genius call back>

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 8 2013, 12:46 PM GMT

(Nice to hear from you, Oldrocker!)

Nice to be back albeit a bit limited atm !

Wave