- 6 (1 series)
- David Haig, Henry Goodman, Chris Larkin and Zoe Telford
- Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn
- Jonathan Lynn and Gareth Gwenlan
- Jonathan Lynn, Gareth Gwenlan, Anne Gilchrist and Antony Jay
The Rt. Hon James Hacker is back in office as PM, leading a coalition government confronting the greatest economic crisis in a generation.
With European economies going down the toilet, a tempting energy deal from an unusual source, a leadership crisis with his coalition partners, a Scottish independence referendum and the greatest moral dilemma he has ever faced... there's lots for Hacker to deal with.
The ultimately powerful but beleaguered Prime Minister is once again 'assisted' by his impenetrably loquacious Cabinet Secretary, Sir Humphrey Appleby, and torn but sensible Principal Private Secretary, Bernard Woolley. There is one person definitely on his side though: Policy Unit Head, Claire Sutton.
The six episodes are set in Chequers, the country residence of the Prime Minister and observe the unfolding drama as Hacker tries to negotiate Britain out of a financial crisis.
- Part of
- Production company
- The original series's theme tune, composed by Ronnie Hazlehurst, has been re-arranged by Graham Jarvis.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 15th January 2013 on Gold at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 19th February 2013 on Gold at 9pm
- Length of episodes
- 40 minutes
- Last repeat
- Saturday 19th January 2019 at 1:30am