Rev - Series 2 Page 5

What was the song played at the end of last night's episode? thanks

I totally thought that was the last in the series, cos of that ending. Hurrah that it's not!

I enjoyed last night's Gay Bishop storyline, although I'm not sure he would be able to get somebody like James Purefoy. And Miles Jupp was surprisingly excellent and touching.

Miles was brilliant. He nearly made me have a bit of grit in my eye.

Quote: zooo @ December 16 2011, 11:12 AM GMT

Miles was brilliant. He nearly made me have a bit of grit in my eye.

Girl.

Quote: zooo @ December 16 2011, 10:14 AM GMT

I totally thought that was the last in the series, cos of that ending. Hurrah that it's not!

Next week's is a Christmas special, so strictly speaking, it was.

Ahhhh. That essplains it.

Loved the show last night, but what was that music over the titles? Shazam can't ID it any takers?

Think it was Nina Simone, 'Our Love Will See Us Through'.

It's obvious in hindsight Archdeacon is gay but I never saw that one coming.

Tom Hollander's underplayed delight in the bed shop, on discovering his new found leverage over archdeacon, was brilliantly done.

This show was a shining light amongst the darkness this year. Most likely not to everyone's taste or one to spark the emotions - as can be seen from the number of pages compared to Life's Too Short. But a nice tight little set of characters that you care about, clever writing and great acting.

Tom Hollander must be up for the Comedy Awards next year for his performance in this. And Colin...love Colin.

Funniest bit for me was simply Adam and Nigel walking the corridors of the Nursing Home humming the tune to the Exorcist.

Quote: bigfella @ December 17 2011, 2:48 PM GMT

Tom Hollander must be up for the Comedy Awards next year for his performance in this.

Yes, but he wasn't even nominated this year for the last series.

Series 1 was elligible in the 2010 awards. Series 2 will be elligible in 2012.

Quote: Aaron @ December 18 2011, 2:02 PM GMT

Series 1 was elligible in the 2010 awards. Series 2 will be elligible in 2012.

My mistake. He was nominated.

I enjoyed the series, but I guess I didn't find it quite as amazing as some others did. Solid though.

Anyone think this bit from tonight was a dry 'anti-joke' or am I reading too much into it :-

Adam: Happy Christmas Eve!
(Adam's wife remains sullen and silent)